This early wood based lamp stand has two brass binding posts and a bayonet type European socket. It was most likely used for experimentation purposes and the bottom bears the mark of a well known French scientific firm. Although information is sketchy, it seems that Radiguet was an early French pioneer in the newly developing field of x-ray technology (ca.1900). One story claims that Radiguet, located in Paris at 15 Filles du Calvaire Boulevard, had physicians on hand to perform radioscopes (x-ray) of willing patients curious to see "instant photographs" of the interior of the human body. This lamp stand bears a Radiguet label with that same Paris address.