Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: old colored glass bulbs Wabash brand  (Read 8925 times)

Offline Rob Stub

• New Member!
old colored glass bulbs Wabash brand
« on: March 02, 2010, 06:27:56 pm »
I am new to this light bulb hobby & site; I purch some old lights from an estate sale some Edison /Masda/ Ge. I found out by trying 3 of them in a lamp that they burn out instantly, then tested others with a 9 volt battery & found out most were DC & they worked. My Question is what is the proper DC voltage these old bulbs used, they are sm. wattage with standard base (pat'd  1904) with tips on end .
 Also found some sm 10 watt bulbs globe ,(or hot air balloon) shape. marked WABASH, with a circle with A in the middle, these are colored glass not painted , red, dk. amber, & 1 lt. blue glass. I couldn't find any referance to this company name on this site.  Thank you. & sorry to be so long winded. Rob Stub.

Offline Nick D.

• 60 watt carbon lamp, cobalt glass
Re: old colored glass bulbs Wabash brand
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 11:07:15 pm »
There are no such things as DC lightbulbs. You simply need a low voltage transformer or a setup that will allow you to connect multiples in series.  I have no way of telling you what voltage the bulbs need but I could give you a guess if you post a pic of the bulb lit @ 9 volts.

It sounds like you might have some antique Chirstmas lamps... please don't blow up any more!!!