Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: This site  (Read 9589 times)

Offline Nuvi

• New Member!
This site
« on: December 11, 2008, 12:31:42 pm »
Hi,
This is maybe the best site about atique light bulbs, but there is no news. "Picture of the month" was stoped in July 2008 and now on december is there the same picture, what was here last year.

PS: Pardon my english, because I'm a Czech student. :wink:
Have a nice day.

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
Re: This site
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 05:12:57 pm »
Bulboa,

To be honest, I?ve considered ?pulling the plug? on this site and taking it offline.  This site has been up for 11 years now and I no longer have the time that I once had to devote to it, including maintaining the server, adding new content and replying on this forum.  Fighting spam on this forum is nearly reason enough to shut the site down.  It is almost a full time job combating spam and keeping one step ahead of the spam bots.  It?s a lot of work to keep things current with new material, new ?pictures of the month?, history, information, etc.  Time spent on this site is time that is taken away from my family.  I have two children under the age of three, there?s not exactly a lot of time left over at the end of the day to devote here ? simply put.  I feel bad that I have not been able to update the site more frequently and that you are disappointed.

I've always solicited for other collectors and historians to contribute articles, material, etc.  While some people have stepped up (see the articles section), the response has never been overwhelming.  Not only would this take some strain off from me personally, but it would help the site grow and diversify with new content from other perspectives.  A big thanks to those people that have contributed - I truly do appreciate your time and effort.

I will probably keep the site up and running until the server gasps its last breath and I can no longer order parts to maintain it.  Despite the lack of new content, I feel there might be some benefit to others to keep it around for informational purposes.