Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: 1.5VDC Flying lead lamp  (Read 11511 times)

Offline tintoyboy

• New Member!
1.5VDC Flying lead lamp
« on: February 27, 2006, 03:13:09 pm »
Hi,
I am looking for (4) OEM lamps known as Flying Lead. Sunray used to carry them as of 2004 but I can't locate any dead stock of these.

They are about 5MM X 6MM and utilize the tiny brass base as a ground and 2 insulated wire leads to provide an alternating DC current that mimics a sort of strobe effect. The alternating current (not AC) is supplied via a rotating stator and brush set-up.

These were used in an old 60's era tin lithograph toy Lin-Mar Boeing 707 jet. The lamps were housed in the translucent red plastic engine housings and with the flick of a switch, simulated the effect of the jet engine starting by flashing about 5X a second.

I tried using grain of wheat but they just stay lit w/o flashing. (also tried tying 2 legs together as a ground & each remaining leg to each lead, no luck.)

I may be able to use LED but the flash rate & the need for bright white light to penetrate the red housing would probably preclude that.

Any ideas guys?
I can email you a photo of the original if it would help.

Thanks,
Bob

Offline DaRoooster

• New Member!
Re: 1.5VDC Flying lead lamp
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 02:02:39 pm »
Hi Bob,
You may wanna call ATR Lighting out of Missouri.  They specialize in pretty much Sunray did
and more.  I know they carry a wide variety of miniature lamps and have sources on old and
discontinued stock.  You can call them at (800) 624-4568 or check them out by going to
their website at   www.atrlighting.com.

DaRoooster

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 11:26:47 pm »
Hi Bob,
You may wanna call ATR Lighting out of Missouri.  They specialize in pretty much Sunray did
and more.  I know they carry a wide variety of miniature lamps and have sources on old and
discontinued stock.  You can call them at (800) 624-4568 or check them out by going to
their website at   www.atrlighting.com.

DaRoooster

DaRooster - While we appreciate your tip, your email address tells me that you're affiliated with this company.  So, you should be able answer ?yes? or ?no? regarding the availability of the flying lead lamp.  If you sell a replacement for this bulb then please tell us.  If not, then I?ll assume your message is just an advertisement for ATR.

Offline DaRoooster

• New Member!
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 03:16:29 pm »
Sorry for the confusion.
Yes, we can get this lamp for you. 
Our part number is a  1.5V-FlyingLead.
If you would like to call our number is (800) 624-4568, ask
for Shayne.

Again, Tim sorry for the misunderstanding.