Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: general info  (Read 7825 times)

Offline Stan

general info
« on: August 06, 2003, 04:49:00 am »
Hallo collectors party! Few friends do know me and my collection. For other I would be happy inform, that I have the light sources collection - from all world and from all eras of electric lighting. My oldest lamps are Geissler tubes, made around 1860 year, later Edison 1881 bulb and many other, up to newest and development samples. I begann collect the lamps around 1960-62 years, in first mercury street lamps only, later all types. Many years I was alone only, with no teachers or collectors friend. Now with my son we are preparing own internet pages, but that I am too busy, it goes slowly only. I have a shop with light sources, to last year here was a small exhibition with about 1500 pieces of lamps. Unfortunately comming flood and we save the lamps and partialy shop matter, but cases, chairs and other wooden parts was totally destroyed. Today I have no moneys make it once again, it must wait to better times. In my collection is very much old incandescent lamps and discharge lamps, too. But in fact I prefer new modern types, because recent lamps are new today but the progress is so quick - few years later it will be historic lamp, too. And I must save it to our childrens. If do you want more info at this pages, don?t hesitate and write to me, either here, or personally.  Stan, Czech Republic
Stan

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
general info
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 07:19:00 pm »
Hi Stan,

Welcome to the Antique Light Bulb Forums.  It's nice to have you aboard!  We look forward to more postings.

------------------
Tim
Kilokat's Antique Light Bulb Site
Mountain Dew Collectibles, Volume I

Offline Mónico González

• Philips HP-80w Mercury Lamp
    • Mis Bombillas, peque?o museo virtual de la l?mpara el?ctrica.
general info
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2003, 02:53:00 am »
Hi Stan!

I'm pleased to hear about another European lightbulb Collectors!

It sounds very interesting your collection history; I would like to know more about you and your collection.
Please feel free to e-mail me, and welcome to our worldwide "light enthusiasts" family!

Best regards.
M?nico Gonz?lez. Ciudad Real, Espa?a
 http://mis-bombillas/webcindario.com

[This message has been edited by M?nico Gonz?lez (edited August 07, 2003).]

Offline James

• www.lamptech.co.uk
general info
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2003, 01:30:00 pm »
Hi Stan welcome to the forums its a pleasure to see you here!  I know your in-depth knowledge will be a great asset to the other members here, nice to have you as part of the group :-)

Best regards,

James.

Offline Ed Covington

• http://www.frognet.net/~ejcov/
general info
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2003, 02:46:00 pm »
Stan, I'm glad you have found this site. You will find that your collecting world has "opened up." You and I have communicated for many years and I have to say that you are one of the most enthusiastic collectors of lamps. I hope you won't mind if I attach a picture of an exhibition you had in October of 1986.

[This message has been edited by tim (edited August 08, 2003).]

Offline Stan

general info
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2003, 05:35:00 am »
Hi Monico,

I collect the lamps very long time, with except Ed C. and Brown (USA) I am oldest collector - the roots my collection are around 1960-62 years. Today I have about 9000 pieces of lamps, how described in last message from od times to newest types. I read probably all patent papers in all world, with except of Japan (I read extracts only, but in Russian magazine was usualy translated it). I am very glad to be in great family of light sources collectors, that too long time I was alone only. From your country I have nice collection of decorative lamps, too. You can write to me (it is for other collectors, too) to address slava@tesmail.cz, but I visit from time to time this pages and no problem reply here.
Best regards, Stan
Stan