Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: Popeye filament light bulb  (Read 6289 times)

Offline Knomad

• New Member!
Popeye filament light bulb
« on: December 10, 2017, 05:04:49 pm »
I Just tried to pose a question/comment herein and was unsuccessful; here goes attempt #2.
I am not a collector but I have a popeye filament light bulb from the 1930's that I would like to ascertain a fair value to sell it.  I listed it on Ebay and I had lots of viewers and a few "watcher's" but no buyers.  I asked $275.00 for this bulb; was this a realistic fair value to today's collector?

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
Re: Popeye filament light bulb
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 08:16:08 pm »
Knomad,

I don't know if your auction was successful or not, but I would start the auction at a much lower price and let buyers determine the final price.  The Aerolux Popeye bulb is very collectible, but starting the auction at $275 would normally scare most bidders away.  If in good working condition, I'd value the bulb at around $100-$125.  Though not rare, it's highly collectible and popular (same for the Aerolux Reddy Kilowatt bulb).  If you have the original Popeye boat lamp base, then this adds a considerable amount to the value vs. just the loose bulb.

Offline Knomad

• New Member!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 12:26:52 pm »
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question.  I had listed on Ebay initially at $250.00 and renewed @ $275.00 which I thought might be realistic since a previous post here on Kilokat's had stated "...it may sell for $150 to $300 or more."  The bulb is in excellent condition and works.  I plan to list it again on Ebay but I am a little reticent to venture into the ebay "auction" arena.  I feel that an interested collector would know the market.  Is there a market here on the Kilokat"s site to sell such items?  Again thank you for the information and suggestion. Knomad

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 11:26:11 pm »
Feel welcome to post on the classifieds board here and sell directly, or post an ad on the classifieds board and link to your auction page.