Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: new shooting star bubble tubes  (Read 14652 times)

Offline mr.light

• New Member!
new shooting star bubble tubes
« on: February 28, 2019, 05:42:40 pm »
Hello all,
My name is John Campbell, and i am new to this forum. I have been collecting Christmas lights my whole life. I also have been in the lighting industry for many years designing light fixtures using 3d cad. I have created replica shooting star bubble light tubes. Some of them are currently available on ebay if anyone is interested. That said i also have some new designs that so far being tested and the results look really nice. Versions that have color mixing features and uv activated bubble features. I have also gotten some oil and crystalite prototypes that are close. I have also drawn up a lot of the older lights like matchless stars and paramount stars, seeing how much parts are possibly going to cost to see if i can feasibly make them. I would love feedback on what your interests are.

John

Offline STARMAN

Re: new shooting star bubble tubes
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 07:14:32 am »
well lets see if you can get bulbs for modern day bubblers. :-(

Offline mr.light

• New Member!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 02:29:11 pm »
Do you mean the s6 style bulb in a normal c7 bubble light you can buy today? They sell them all over the place. I have been able to get c7 bubble light bases without tubes from china at a decent price. I only have clear 5w and red and green 7w bases with no tubes currently if you need to buy any. I got these to make my new tubes work with the new bases and have some designs drawn up of some of my own bases and possibly matchless star bubble light bases.

John

Offline STARMAN

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 11:31:01 am »
Have never got the S6 to fit C7 bulb holders, would like to see your bases and photos of S6 bulbs as well.

Offline mr.light

• New Member!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 11:06:42 am »
I will have to find the ones i did and take a pic. I can contact the place in china i get the c7 bases and see if they would just sell me the bulbs that they use. 

Offline mr.light

• New Member!
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 09:02:00 am »
Well i cannot seem to find the bulbs that i had done. the new s6 bulbs are to short so i must have gotten a batch of bulbs with a longer shank back then.

Offline STARMAN

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 12:30:21 pm »
yes thought as much.

Offline Christmas Lamp

• Purple Bubble Light
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 03:41:19 am »
Okay this JUST a Thought.....
But When You Re-Lamp Them, Can You not Lower the Tube to Sit on the Bulbs? YES I Know Less Tube to See, But at least this way They Still Work.......
Somehow I'm Thinking This Sounded better IN My Head than Out....
LOL
 :-D
I love Any Bulbs be They the Light up kind or the kind that Grows!!!

Offline mr.light

• New Member!
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 12:34:23 pm »
Yes you can lower the tube in side and as long as it touches the bulb it will work, but the issue that i now see with the s6 bulb is that the screw portion is not long enough to hit the bottom of the socket to make connection. I have been contacting a few people to see if i can just get the bulb with the longer screw portion but so far no luck.

Offline mr.light

• New Member!
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2019, 10:12:12 am »
So i have received 2000 bubble lights in last week and i contacted the manufacturer and asked if they can sell me just the bulb and they said yes. Just to get an idea, how many people would be interested in replacement bubble light bulbs so i can get an idea of cost. Is 5w or 7w more of interest?