Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: noma cord  (Read 12506 times)

Offline jonathan cassiday

noma cord
« on: October 23, 2006, 10:19:26 pm »
i just bought a noma 8 light sieries burning set that is straigt line in consturction with an interesting feature ive only seen in a few other sets. along with having a traditional piggy back tachon connecter it has a end of line outlet, much like a standard mini light straight line construction string of today. the cord is cloth covered with bakelite sockets and fittings dating it to either early 1939-1941 or 1946-1949. does anyone else have a similar cord in its orginal box or have a more acurate date of the string? i find it interesting that it reflected an advanced development of christmas light strings but yet it dissappeared from mainstream production only to be revived in modern mini lights
yes this is Jonathan Cassiday how may i help you

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
Re: noma cord
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 10:19:55 pm »
This sounds like an unusual light string - do you have any pictures showing how both the receptacle and the Tachon connector are connected to the string?  It seems odd it would have both.  I can't be of much help dating the string, but it would be interesting to see a picture of it.

In going through some things the other day, I came across this plug and receptacle.  The receptacle is marked NOMA on the backside and I wonder if this looks similar to the one connected to the end of your light string?

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 10:37:05 am »
The plug end is a latter model piggy back plug marked noma, but it also has an end of cord connector like a traditional candelarbra based set but it is a 8 sieries set

Offline markie4now

• Mark in Columbia
  • Santa's Grown-up elf!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 02:48:41 pm »
Noma made these for use around doorways.
I love all things Chriistmas and have collected for many years!

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 09:50:41 pm »
thanks for the information, how did you come about it? do you have a set in its original box, I would love to see it. I find it really useful having the tachon connector at the end of the string. I use it for my bubble lites on my vintage tree with a socket splitter to reduce voltage.