Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: Paramount Star  (Read 10305 times)

Offline Justin

Paramount Star
« on: December 22, 2011, 10:05:28 pm »
I got this Paramount star at a thrift store and I figured I'd share with my fellow enthusiasts.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.216988071713765.53754.100002077216950&type=1&l=cd14993a25

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
Re: Paramount Star
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 10:45:10 pm »
Nice find Justin, and in the original box!

Offline Hemingray

• Lightbulb Junkie
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 11:59:42 am »
I have one myself, I see yours has a corded socket with it. Mine came fitted with a GE Mazda candlestick bulb just shoved up into the star, where to use it, you had to screw it into a socket on an existing string. It failed this year so I had to retrofit it with a homemade socket and clear "flame" bulb. I have the original box for mine as well. It takes it's place at the top of my tree this year as it did last year

Great find! Would love to find the socket that actually would go with mine (if one did)

EDIT: typo fixed

Offline jonathan cassiday

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 08:47:51 pm »
I believe that this paramount star would have taken a edison based or an intermediate based bulb. I fould two of the smaller paramount stars this past year that requite the candelarbra based bulb but I have not found a suitable replacement for the original bulbs as they were the ge candle type bulbs. what type of bulb did you find as a replacment Hemingray? is yours also a candleabra based bulb?
yes this is Jonathan Cassiday how may i help you

Offline Justin

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 10:26:41 am »

Offline Hemingray

• Lightbulb Junkie
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 12:17:02 pm »
I believe that this paramount star would have taken a edison based or an intermediate based bulb. I fould two of the smaller paramount stars this past year that requite the candelarbra based bulb but I have not found a suitable replacement for the original bulbs as they were the ge candle type bulbs. what type of bulb did you find as a replacment Hemingray? is yours also a candleabra based bulb?

I made my own socket using the inner shell from an old broken socket, one of those all purpose gutter clips, and some electrical tape. Bulb used is a standard clear flame shaped bulb.