Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: George Nelson's Christmas site?  (Read 28242 times)

Offline Paul

• New Member!
Re: George Nelson's Christmas site?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2010, 04:09:51 pm »
Thanks for taking a look.  I've got a bit more to restore, but at least it's stable, which is more than I can say for any of the archive sites. 
I also put THIS site at the top of the links page since you all are the best place to get questions answered. 

Have a great day,

Paul

Offline Christmas Lamp

• Purple Bubble Light
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 12:15:37 pm »
Thank You Paul
 :-D
I love Any Bulbs be They the Light up kind or the kind that Grows!!!

Offline joetraff

• New Member!
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2010, 11:28:33 pm »
Paul deserves a big thanks.
Praiseworthy work indeed.
I'm a web designer and here are two of my sites
how to make money online and
debt solutions

Offline jonathan cassiday

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2010, 12:10:38 am »
I was just googling "vintage christmas lights" and now the earlier incarnation of Bills Antiques christmas lights web site pops up with all the speed that it use to, but is now has all questions regarding the site directed to some address by the name of telmore. It is great to see the earlier site, but It kind of puzzles me that is now shows up sometime after a revamped antique christmas light web site. There is also another page that pops up that says it will be ready in early 2011. I am eager to see what this new site has to offer, and am glad more sites are coming back on line after such a long drought of info. Anyone have any information about these other sites or the people who are running them?
yes this is Jonathan Cassiday how may i help you

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2010, 09:49:01 am »
The old Tom Elmore site has been floating around for a long time.  I'm not sure what this is:

http://www.oldchristmaslights.com/

Let's hope it's going to be a legitimate site and not an ad farm or commercial site leaching off the popularity of the old domain name...

Offline Paul

• New Member!
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2010, 04:46:45 pm »
Well, the ad farm that was squatting on oldchristmaslights.com was offering the domain name to the highest bidder, with estimated value between $700 and $1500.  It still gets many hundreds of clicks a day because of all the sites that linked to it when it had content, so that's how they justified the cost. 

The domain name has NOT changed hands - it's still owned by the ad farm.  So it remains to be seen if any worthwhile content at all gets posted there. . . .

If an entirely new site with new content goes up, great.  If someone from the Nelson family has finally decided to get the site back under their control, great - I'll offer my assistance.  If someone else is taking it upon himself to restore George's site, that's fine, too, as long as they don't just copy all the files I spent months getting into working condition . . .

We'll see - Paul

Offline Tom

• Traffic Lights + Beacons
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2010, 02:48:00 pm »
I'm not a collector, but I am a web editor/writer with several friends who run web sites about Christmas memorabilia.  We were all shocked to see George's pages replaced by a "placeholder" page with a photo of a smirking girl and paid advertising links to unrelated pages.

Based on materials that I received permission to use some time back, I have restored and republished as much of George's site as I could piece back together on http://www.oldchristmastreelights.com

Hope this helps,

Paul

Thank you VERY much, Paul.  I just discovered the restoration of George's website you've been doing, and it's almost the same as it was.  This was 1 of my favourite Christmas websites.  Keep up the good work, and Merry Christmas. :-)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 02:52:59 pm by Tom »