Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: Found a bulb with an odd logo on it  (Read 8482 times)

Offline renthorin

• New Member!
Found a bulb with an odd logo on it
« on: February 08, 2010, 07:33:29 am »
Hi all.  Just found this site so thought I would see if you know what bulb this is.

It is a standard incandescent 100w bulb.   A bit black and dirty as it is at least 12 years old. 

I can not see a manufacturer on it but the 'logo' is a 5 pointed star with the letters A H N O V each on one of the points.

In the middle of the star is the familiar handicap logo of a person in a wheelchair.

I have attached a picture.  The bulb still works so I will keep it but just wondering if it is anything unique or special.

thanks,

Will

Offline Chris Kocsis

Re: Found a bulb with an odd logo on it
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 10:58:52 am »
Hi, my guess is that it was marketed by some group to benefit disabled veterans.  Civic organizations sometimes sell light bulbs that have been rebranded in this fashion to raise money.  I haven't found an organization with any permutation of those letters -- AV would probably come last (American Veterans?) and the H probably stands for Handicapped (no longer a politically correct term).  As such, this bulb is interesting but would probably be of collector value only to someone looking for such rebrands.

Offline renthorin

• New Member!
Re: Found a bulb with an odd logo on it
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 04:36:56 pm »
Hi Chris.  Thanks for getting back to me.   We are the third owners of our house so I don't know how long the bathroom in the basement has been there but it would not surprise me if it was 20 years old.

I will add it to my box of incandescent bulbs and maybe someday it will have special value to someone and I can give it to them.