Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: Off-topic assistance requested...  (Read 6203 times)

Offline ALM

Off-topic assistance requested...
« on: May 26, 2001, 11:01:00 pm »
Can somebody give me some insight as to what jackass would have sent the following to me from an email address called INFORMATIONSUCK@AOL.COM ???

quote:
Originally by the Jackass from that email address: I have never seen such a smooth and cunning operator when it comes to trying to find out the value of your junk. You will pry on all the websites fishing
to see if you have that super rare item. You have been ask not post your fishing on the bulb site i see and I cant blame them. Now fishing on the fan site will cease also with your ebay links trying to promote your flea
market items.

Concerned Last Penney

I just thought I'd share that with you.  I think I have been pretty upfront about searching for stuff to sell, as well as searching for information about stuff that I find interesting.  This website and those who frequent it have proven very helpful to me in the past, present, and hopefully the future.

A while back, Tim asked me to no longer post any Ebay advertisements, and I complied.  During a recent post, I did suggest doing a search that would have turned up a bulb of mine for sale, which was also done as much in good humor as it was to draw attention to the sale.  Tim contacted me, and I apologized for doing so.  I hope that (Tim) understands that I was serious.  It isn't as though the 10 people who regularly use this board are going to make or break anything I have to sell on Ebay... really.  The collecting world knows how to look for these things without my posting a link here.

In any event, I just wanted to shed light onto what this "Jackass" does in his spare time.  It is amazing to me that a human being can be some miserable and bitter that he would take time out of his life to send me this email.

Any guesses who it might be?  I have my suspicions.  Jackasses like that usually don't stray far from their usual style of posting, emailing, and such.  Go on, take a guess!  Let's make a really, really fun thread for the Bulb Collector's Website archives!

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
Off-topic assistance requested...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2001, 10:25:00 am »
ALM,

A while back, Tim asked me to no longer post any Ebay advertisements, and I complied. During a recent post, I did suggest doing a search that would have turned up a bulb of mine for sale, which was also done as much in good humor as it was to draw attention to the sale. Tim contacted me, and I apologized for doing so. I hope that (Tim) understands that I was serious. It isn't as though the 10 people who regularly use this board are going to make or break anything I have to sell on Ebay... really.

Yes, I understand that are serious about this. The "10" people who actively use this forum account for only a fraction of the people who come here to read these messages - the audience is much larger than you are aware of.

The collecting world knows how to look for these things without my posting a link here.

Great, then there isn't a need for eBay links here  

Any guesses who it might be? I have my suspicions. Jackasses like that usually don't stray far from their usual style of posting, emailing, and such. Go on, take a guess! Let's make a really, really fun thread for the Bulb Collector's Website archives!

Instead of creating a thread devoted to speculating who this person is and dragging their name through the mud (assuming of course you've even got the right guy) I would suggest contacting America Online to get the situation resolved if you view it as a threat or harassment, this really isn't the place to speculate. I've already had numerous emails sent to me about this message deeming it not appropriate content for the bulb forum but I will leave the message posted but I'm locking this thread. Other readers are free to read this and can privately email you if they wish to become involved in your situation.

Happy Memorial Day...

------------------
-Tim
BulbCollector.com
DewCollector.com