Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: bulb auction prices  (Read 6847 times)

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
bulb auction prices
« on: June 11, 2002, 02:16:00 pm »
Just curious if anyone out here has been keeping any kind of running log of past auction prices of antique bulbs?  If so then please email me and lets compare notes.  I have prices logged prior to year 2000...

------------------
Tim
Kilokat's Antique Light Bulb Site
Mountain Dew Collectibles, Volume I

Offline ALM

bulb auction prices
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2002, 07:51:00 pm »
Do you only want us to report on the real auctions?  Or do you want us to report on the final bid high prices (reserve not met) of bulbs that are listed for auction, but are not really for sale?

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
bulb auction prices
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2002, 09:46:00 pm »
The real auctions would be nice...but I'm not really asking for anyone to report.  I just wanted to know if anyone else has been logging auction prices from past years and wishes to share or trade results?

------------------
Tim
Kilokat's Antique Light Bulb Site
Mountain Dew Collectibles, Volume I

Offline Chris W. Millinship

bulb auction prices
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2002, 03:52:00 pm »
Anthony stop being so durn cynical!  

Tim, I`d be interested to know what`s going on at the auctions lately too. I havn`t really been looking at the international bulbs for a while now (as I still don`t have any decent display space!), I hear that in general prices are a bit down on last year- is that right?

I did sneak a peak a month or so back- full of the usual poor condition GE and Westinghouse Mazda cage lamps with $10 openers and no bids. One or two carbons, I think there was a good condition medium sized Edison-GE cage lamp (~150 watts?) for about 40 bucks.

And asides the more recent and modern lamps, and the usual spamming of fancy automotive bulbs listed under the names of just about every make of car under the sun, despite being the exact same bulb (now there I go being cynical!), I don`t remember seeing anything too exciting.
Note that I didn`t search the "USA Only" listings, just those in, and avaliable to, the UK- as I can`t any more since Ebay messed up their search system. USA-only listings may be more interesting, I just don`t know.....

Oh- a few weeks ago I bought an unknown UK origin ~1919 32cp bayonet base carbon 2-loop for about ?25 (~$35) which I think was a bit too much, but it had been a while and I liked the look of it  

But Ebay being Ebay, it can change drastically week to week so who knows what`s there now! I might be missing some fantastic bargains  

------------------
visit my world of electrical things that glow!

Offline Yoshi

bulb auction prices
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2003, 03:21:00 am »
I have a huge log of thousands of antique & vintage bulb auctions (over 2,000) that I have seen on eBay since November 2002. I have things such as: name, final bid, high bidder, seller, date, item number (if auction is still online), and a few more things. All this data is in the filename of the pictures from the auction. I can give you average prices, minimums and maximums for many bulbs. For example, the minimum price so far for an AR-1 bulb is $15.50. Contact me if you would like to query my "database"!

-Yoshi
How do I add custom avatars? The feature doesn't seem to be working