Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: Repro bubble light stands  (Read 14429 times)

Offline joebulb

• New Member!
Repro bubble light stands
« on: February 26, 2001, 09:08:00 pm »
I've read the info below on the repro bubble light stands and wanted to know if ya thought they were worth the money....I think its great that someone is doin the repo but the cash required for one seems sorta steep. I'd really like to have the black one with the Halloween colored bubblers!

Offline HOLAUCTION

• New Member!
    • http://WWW.CHRISTMASLIGHTS.CC   &   HTTP://MEMBERS.AOL.COM/HOLAUCTION/INDEX.HTML
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2001, 09:15:00 am »
AS THE MANUFACTURER OF THESE BUBBLE LIGHT STANDS I WOULD LIKE TO ADDRESS YOUR CONCERNS ON THE COST.  THE MOLD COST FOR THIS STAND WAS IN EXCESS OF $15,000.  THE COST OF SECURING THE WIRING AND SOCKETS AS WELL AS THE CARDBOARD BASE (INCLUDING A DYE TO CUT IT) WERE ALL QUITE SIGNIFICANT.  I DID IT BECAUSE I REALLY LIKED THE STANDS, I WANTED TO SET THE PRICE AT A LEVEL WHERE THE STANDS WOULD HOLD THEIR VALUE AND AT THE SAME TIME RETURN SOME OF THE FUNDS SPENT.  I FEEL THAT THESE STANDS ARE A REALISTIC VALUE.  IF YOU WANT TO GET ONE CHEAPER, YOU SHOULD INQUIRE ABOUT A STAND KIT.  THIS WAY YOU GET ALL THE PARTS NECESSARY FOR BUILDING THE STAND YOURSELF.

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2001, 09:30:00 am »
How much do the new stands retail for? I've never priced them. . . . .

------------------
-Tim
BulbCollector.com
DewCollector.com

Offline joebulb

• New Member!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2001, 08:24:00 pm »
Dear manufacturer of the bubble light repro stands....thanks for your reply and I believe everthing ya say. That kit thing sounds like the way to go for me....I just wanted some input though from someone who purchased one of these stands. PS Since ya responded in all capital letters are ya yelling your response?...No criticism was aimed at what you are doing or your price. As I said they look great!

Offline HOLAUCTION

• New Member!
    • http://WWW.CHRISTMASLIGHTS.CC   &   HTTP://MEMBERS.AOL.COM/HOLAUCTION/INDEX.HTML
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2001, 09:23:00 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by joebulb:
Dear manufacturer of the bubble light repro stands....thanks for your reply and I believe everthing ya say. That kit thing sounds like the way to go for me....I just wanted some input though from someone who purchased one of these stands. PS Since ya responded in all capital letters are ya yelling your response?...No criticism was aimed at what you are doing or your price. As I said they look great!

NO, NOT YELLING, JUST THAT I AM OLDER AND I CAN SEE CAPS BETTER.

Offline joebulb

• New Member!
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2001, 06:23:00 pm »
Glad your not yelling at me...how do I go about getting a stand kit?...And Tim the only stands I've seen were on Ebay and over 100 dollars if I remember right....?