Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: Radko Bubble light sale: $14.99  (Read 30015 times)

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
Radko Bubble light sale: $14.99
« on: December 27, 2004, 09:46:59 am »
This deal comes courtesy of another group and I thought those here would like to get in on it too!  I just ordered a couple for myself.

Christopher Radko? Bubble Bright Candolier
Was $39.99; Outlet Price $14.99 Place on a mantel or in a window. Has 9 different colors; ivory plastic base. On/off switch. Includes replacement bulb.

Get in on this deal at JCPenney's website:

http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=2652&CatID=17749&CatTyp=DEP&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=0acbbe4&ProdSeq=60&Cat=holiday%40home&Dep=Online+Outlet+Store&PCat=For+The+Home&PCatID=4828&RefPage=ProductList&Sale=&ProdCount=61&RecPtr=&ShowMenu=&TTYP=&ShopBy=0

Offline Chris W. Millinship

Re: Radko Bubble light sale: $14.99
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 11:59:02 am »
Thanks for the heads-up, they look great. Just ordered a couple, I couldn`t resist.

-

Just a query, but when I treid to view the image file, I got an "it seems you are not allowed to view attachments" error even though I was logged in. Is that a bug or did I do something wrong?

:|

Offline Tim

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 12:49:18 pm »
Hi Chris,

It seems, by default, that many forum features are disabled until a user logs into the forum.? If you were logged in then I don't why you would have received the error message.? I just tweaked some permission settings - give it a try again and see what happens.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2004, 12:51:49 pm by tim »

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 08:23:13 am »
Still no joy. I tried logging out/back in yesterday evening, same thing. Still logged in now and it won`t let me.

If it helps, I use Win98SE and Firefox 1.0. No Flash, some limited Javascript permissions, cookies enabled for the host site only.

:?

Offline Tim

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2004, 09:56:56 am »
Is anyone else having trouble viewing the bubble light photo in the first message shown above?  This may help me isolate the problem.  Please reply here or email me directly and let me know if you were logged in or not logged in.

Thank you

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2004, 02:59:58 pm »
OK now *that`s* wierd. Not only can I now download the file but the photo appears all by itsself at the bottom of your post too!

I guess I`ll never understand computers.....

:roll:

Offline Tim

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2004, 01:47:38 pm »
Looks like the Radko deal is dead  :-(

Hopefully a lot of you were able to get in on it.

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2005, 03:34:10 pm »
Finally got mine today after over a month of waiting. Worth it though, these are well made and nicely authentic replicas of Paramount`s C7 bubblers, except for the exotic colours of course. Ten in all including the spare lamp. Decent quality base too, I got two so one could be used for displaying vintage bulbs and it should do that job nicely come next Chrimbletide.

A couple of photos...

Love that authentic vintage style packaging too, it would not be out of place on the shelves of any department store in the 1940s-50s. Great attention to detail.

Bargain! :D

Offline Tim

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2005, 04:01:58 pm »
Hi Chris,

Thanks for posting the pictures.  I bought two sets as well and was impressed with the packaging too.  The only thing a bit disappointing (in my opinion) are the sockets within the plastic base.  It looks like they are integrated right into the base as opposed to being a separate socket mounted in the base – a little cheesy I thought, but otherwise I’m quite impressed with the whole outfit.  I did manage to destroy one of the bubble lights the first night I had it.  One of my lights had a loose piece (the plastic shroud that surrounds the bulb) and it was annoying me.  I looked at it and found that only half of the tabs were engaged in the main body of the light, so I used a little force to get the other tabs to engage.  Anyway I smashed the bulb trying the get this piece to seat correctly so now I’ll have to replace it.  :-( I wonder if replacement bulbs can be found for these specific bubble lights?  Anyone know off hand?  I haven’t examined the bulb too close yet.  Perhaps any standard bubble light replacement lamp would work, I don’t know yet…

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2005, 04:49:57 pm »
I had a closer look at one of mine and the sockets are actually seperate, pressed in to place and secured, it would seem, by the cord underneath. I got curious and took the bottom cover off, managed to dislodge one of them just enough to read some embossed lettering on the side - they appear to be standard C7 indoor/outdoor types but moulded in matching ivory coloured plastic. Must be crimped to the cord in-situ as there does not appear to be any other way to get them in or out. Not the quality of the original old style pressed brass socket inserts of course, but a handy way to tell the much more valuable originals from these modern repros and still just as effective.

Excuse the photos, closeups are not currently my strong point...

:)

Offline pSlawinski

• Westinghouse Lamps
    • Metal-Halide.net
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2005, 11:34:44 pm »
Hi Chris

I'm sorry about this not being related to the tiopic.? I've been trying to reach you via E-mail for a few weeks now.? I don't know if I was trying the wrong address or what!? I was wondering if you could add my page (http://www.metal-halide.net) to your links section.? Let me know: pslawinski@gmail.com

Oh, btw that is a beautiful display you have there.? I like the colors? :wink:? I'm not much of a Christmas light person myself, but I sure wouldn't mind one of those sets!? I just got into collecting last year...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 11:36:43 pm by pSlawinski »

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2005, 03:07:12 pm »
Hi,

I havn`t been checking mail related to my web pages reguarly for ages as it seems I just do not have the time for them any more. I have been tempted to close the Torch Reviews Site down completely due also to a waning interest in writing the reviews, so as it is, it`s doubtful I`ll do much more work on it in the forseeable future.

As for the Bulb Museum, I`d love to add your site but I have major problems with the local files, many are gone or corrupted when something went wrong while moving a load of stuff around - look what happened when I tried to update the contact page - it dissapeared altogether. Don`t even remember the password for FTP right now, it`s written down somewhere but I still havn`t found the bit of paper yet.

A re-write of the site is long overdue with a heap of new and far improved photographs, but starting from the ground up is made all the more difficult when work commitments just keep getting in the way. I was still attending University when I started the original site and had more free time and enthusiasm then.

If/when the new site happens, you`ll definately be added.

;)

Offline pSlawinski

• Westinghouse Lamps
    • Metal-Halide.net
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2005, 09:24:25 pm »
I could build you a new site.  I can use the script I wrote for my site.  The script makes it very easy to add new lamps.  If you are interested, please e-mail me!  Oh btw, I’m sure if you e-mail your host and tell them your problem they can send you your login information.

Offline Hemingray

• Lightbulb Junkie
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2005, 11:09:21 pm »
According to their dealer listing, there's a small gift shop in Batesville, AR (about 45m from here) that carried Radko products. unfortunately that shop is no longer carrying them. :(

Offline Tim

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2005, 09:31:48 am »
Well, let's hope there will be some more Radko bubble light deals after Christmas again this year.  I doubt it, but you never know…