BULB DISCUSSION BOARDS > Christmas Lighting

new shooting star bubble tubes

(1/2) > >>

mr.light:
Hello all,
My name is John Campbell, and i am new to this forum. I have been collecting Christmas lights my whole life. I also have been in the lighting industry for many years designing light fixtures using 3d cad. I have created replica shooting star bubble light tubes. Some of them are currently available on ebay if anyone is interested. That said i also have some new designs that so far being tested and the results look really nice. Versions that have color mixing features and uv activated bubble features. I have also gotten some oil and crystalite prototypes that are close. I have also drawn up a lot of the older lights like matchless stars and paramount stars, seeing how much parts are possibly going to cost to see if i can feasibly make them. I would love feedback on what your interests are.

John

STARMAN:
well lets see if you can get bulbs for modern day bubblers. :-(

mr.light:
Do you mean the s6 style bulb in a normal c7 bubble light you can buy today? They sell them all over the place. I have been able to get c7 bubble light bases without tubes from china at a decent price. I only have clear 5w and red and green 7w bases with no tubes currently if you need to buy any. I got these to make my new tubes work with the new bases and have some designs drawn up of some of my own bases and possibly matchless star bubble light bases.

John

STARMAN:
Have never got the S6 to fit C7 bulb holders, would like to see your bases and photos of S6 bulbs as well.

mr.light:
I will have to find the ones i did and take a pic. I can contact the place in china i get the c7 bases and see if they would just sell me the bulbs that they use. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version