Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: Watching eBay Prices Zoom !  (Read 9874 times)

Offline Bousquet

Watching eBay Prices Zoom !
« on: July 13, 2001, 11:38:00 am »
Have you been watching the bids for old (pre-1930) boxed sets of Christmas lights on eBay over the past few months?

I figured that the activity would taper off but prices would fall after the Christmas holidays.  Well, I was half right at best.   There are indeed fewer Christmas light sets being offered (although still a fair #), but there's plenty of hefty bidding going on for older vintage sets.  Several great items have popped up. Some of the winning bids for boxed sets with exhaust-tip lamps and screw plugs have exceeded $300 recently.

Check out current and past auctions by riverock, for instance.  He's been breaking up his collection.  Just reading his careful descriptions and viewing the photos has been a great education for me.  Unfortunately, eBayers with deeper pockets that mine have left my supposedly reasonable bids in the dust!  I won't name names, but I'm hoping that certain high rollers will soon run out of money, take long vacations, listen to their upset spouses, or have their passions satisfied.

I guess all the interest speaks well for our hobby.  eBay certainly brings stuff out of the closets!

Happy collecting,
Woody Bousquet

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
Watching eBay Prices Zoom !
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2001, 03:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bousquet: but I'm hoping that certain high rollers will soon run out of money, take long vacations, listen to their upset spouses, or have their passions satisfied.

Hey Woody, I've learned there is always another one right around the corner to pick up where the other has left off (assuming the high roller takes a vacation)

I've found some neat Christmas lighting locally at estate sales for cheap prices.  Deals can still be found!

------------------
-Tim
BulbCollector.com
DewCollector.com

[This message has been edited by tim (edited July 17, 2001).]