Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: Exact replacement Bubble Light Bulbs for candelabra base lights.  (Read 8894 times)

Offline Yulelights76

• The Yule Lights Collection
I am trying to find out if there is interest in making exact replacement bulbs for candelabra base bubble lights.
These light use a bulb that is similar to a 6S6 indicator but with a longer shank. Most people make do with the 6S6 which you can buy anywhere.
Looking at the photo, the standard 6S6 bulb is on the right and the long shank bubble light bulb is on the left.
I found a web seller of replacement light bulbs (yes, that's the name of the company) that does custom
manufacturing so I contacted them about making exact replacement bulbs with a long shank. Here is their reply:

"We are currently manufacturing a similar lamp for another customer. We were wanting to have 25,000 of the lamps
manufactured but to get the extended base we have to buy 50,000 bases.
I do not know if there is an extended version of the E12 base you are seeking available. If it is available I do
not know if your desired quantity or the market at large will support a production run of these lamps. If you are in need of a large quantity to use or sell then we can go down that path."

Wow 50,000 is a lot of bulbs! Is there a market for that many? I remember Paul Shofield used to sell those bulbs through his company Illumibrite, but He and the company are long gone.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

(Updated 02/03/2021) It has been over a week since I posted this thread, and there have been no replies. I guess I have my answer.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 07:18:35 am by Yulelights76 »

Offline STARMAN

Re: Exact replacement Bubble Light Bulbs for candelabra base lights.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 07:46:10 am »
the amount is staggering I'm in uk so I'm sure it would even cost me more to get some shipped here? id take 50 - 100 if price was reasonable?  :roll: