Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: Aerolux Tube Light Bulb  (Read 10883 times)

Offline Cynthia Engel

• New Member!
Aerolux Tube Light Bulb
« on: August 25, 2010, 07:47:25 pm »
Hi,
I am looking for an Aerolux tube bulb Rose flower filament .Please let me know if you can help. Also, the one in the lamp is broken. Any ideas on how to get it out if it's screwed in too tightly? Thanks
Cyndee

Offline Chris Kocsis

Re: Aerolux Tube Light Bulb
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 11:19:18 am »
Hi Cyndee, these are often on eBay and because they are fairly common, tend not to cost too much.  The tube shape is less common than the regular round bulb shape, though.

One suggestion for removing the broken bulb is to break off everything that sticks up out of the base, leaving a rim of glass around the base above the threads. Then push the narrow end of a raw potato down on the base and glass rim, and twist it counter-clockwise. 

I have a use for the broken base if you don't want to keep it (I might be able to use it to repair a broken bulb I have).

Chris

Offline Cynthia Engel

• New Member!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 12:54:28 pm »
Chris,
Thank you so much for the information. I appreciate your time. I will check eBay and see what I can find. First, I will attempt to remove the base safely. If I am successful, I will send it to you as I have no use for it and it's great that you recycle.
Cyndee

Offline Cynthia Engel

• New Member!
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 07:17:35 pm »
Hi Chris,
I have looked on eBay and emailed a couple individuals who advertise on eBay, but to no avail. The TUBE shaped bulbs are more difficult to locate. They have the filament one, but not the tube shape. Do you have another suggestion? Thanks
Cyndee

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 08:19:40 pm »
Hi Cyndee,

It's too early to throw your arms up in the air.  Remember, these bulbs haven't been manufactured in decades, and you're generally not going to find the exact one your looking for in such a short period of time.  Pursue eBay on a weekly basis and I'm sure one will turn up, and you'll have a greater appreciation for these beautiful old bulbs after you've put the time in and tracked one down :-)  Have fun with your search and just maybe you'll become hooked on collecting them!

Offline Cynthia Engel

• New Member!
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 10:15:34 pm »
Thanks for your encouragement. You are right about being more appreciative of the uniqueness of them . . . I will continue my search and hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
C