BULB BANTER > Testing Area

I cannot upload a picture to my profile. Why?

(1/2) > >>

Mónico González:
Hi Tim.
I've trying to upload a picture to add it to my profile, but when I hit the MODIFY button, all the changes made in the profile are updated, unless the image, which does not appears.
The picture are in the correct folder of my HDD and the whole path appears normally into the line when I do explore the disc, but after repeated attempts, the choosen option continues being "NO PICTURE". Why?
Thanks in advance, Tim, and regards.
M. Gonz?lez.

Mónico González:
Please Tim, could you tell me which would be the correct size in pixels for that image?
I've re-sized a huge picture (of a PHILIPS HP-80w mercury lamp) to a tiny 80 x 107 pixels .jpg file.
Would be OK or must be smaller than it?
Thanks again and regards.
M. Gonz?lez.

Tim:
Hi M?nico,

The maximum size for attachments is 196KB, and I believe the maximum number of attachments is four or five.? I just altered some permissions so give this another try and let me know how it works...Start by attaching one small picture and let's see what happens.  There should be no restriction on the image's resolution size, just file size.  Lastly, be sure that the image type is a JPEG file with the ".JPG" extension.

Mónico González:
Thanks for your interest Tim, but it continue being impossible to add my own picture to my profile.
When I hit the "modify profile" button, the image are not displayed in any way nor any place onto my personal data board.
The image I'm experimenting with are really small, no more than 7 K sized, a .jpg file of  80 x 107 pixels.
So, when I go to my profile, the image I've choosen does not appear.
Thanks again and sorry.
M. Gonz?lez.

Tim:
M?nico,

I believe that I misunderstood your initial question – sorry about that.

I think you are referring to “avatars”, that little graphic / picture that you see to directly to the left of my post, and on a user’s profile page.  Yes, there is a limit on pixel size.  The images must be kept under 80 x 80 pixels.  I have the forum set to automatically resize avatars, but it’s not working for some odd reason.  I just created a test account and duplicated your problem using an avatar sized at 80 x 107.  When I downsized the same image to 80 x 80 it worked fine and the picture shows in my test profile.  I think this is probably the problem.

Give it another try and let me know the outcome  :-)

Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version