BULB BANTER > Testing Area

er, let`s see....

(1/3) > >>

Chris W. Millinship:

These should flash....

...but they don`t, so it seems like GIF animations don`t work here, never mind!(incidentally this bit should be in red?)

[This message has been edited by Chris Millinship (edited August 04, 2000).]

Tim:
My animated GIF seems to work. I bet your's won't animate because of Photopoint. The advert they put at the top of the pictures probably messes it up if I had to guess.

------------------
-Tim

[This message has been edited by tim (edited July 23, 2000).]

Chris W. Millinship:
Those Photopoint messages weren`t there to begin with, they never are just after I post a picture. The GIFs didn`t work then either. Maybe Photopoint doesn`t support them...  

One qustion-how`d you make your own GIFs? Special bit of software perhaps?

Another question- any chance of a list of common colours, and their associated number(for html), ie red=FF0000, etc...

[This message has been edited by Chris Millinship (edited July 23, 2000).]

Tim:
I've been using Paintshop Pro's Animated GIF program (came free with PSP 5). For more info see http://www.jasc.com

Another good one I was using for a while was GIF Construction Set (was shareware). If you hit the search engines you should find it easily.

RE: Photopoint, yes they have a special routine that automatically places their advertisiment at the top of your pictures. It's something that's automatically added to every picture when you upload which is why their service is free.

RE: Color codes, there's a slick little program I use to figure this out called Spectroscope. You can download it here:
 http://www.headoffice.co.uk/download.htm

------------------
-Tim

Chris W. Millinship:
Thanks for the links. I`ve downloaded a copy of "Jasc Animation Shop", on a 30-day free trial. And spectroscope is freeware outright(I think it`s great as you can probably tell!).
I`ve produced a couple of working GIF anims, but obviously I can`t post them here, unless I can find another free host that supports them.
PS I`ll not be posting all my messages in rainbow colours like this!

[This message has been edited by Chris Millinship (edited July 24, 2000).]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version