Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: Lamp Collector  (Read 7699 times)

Offline Ed Covington

• http://www.frognet.net/~ejcov/
Lamp Collector
« on: August 25, 2000, 10:54:00 pm »
The internet and Tim's web site offers the opportunity to communicate with many other lamp collectors the world over. About 20 years ago I communicated with a collector but have lost track of him. I wonder if anyone out there knows this gentleman. His name was Stanislaw Slabyhoudek (spelling ?) and lived in Czechoslovakia. He displayed his collection publicly and apparently had a huge collection. If any viewer knows of this gentleman it would be of interest to get his current postal and/or email address.

Offline James

• www.lamptech.co.uk
Lamp Collector
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2000, 09:41:00 pm »
Hi Ed,

I have also lost track of this guy, I last wrote to him in 1994 but my letter was returned with a note to say he'd was no longer at that address.  I did try tracking him down a few years ago but have had no success.  The only contact detail I have is the out of date address which is printed in an old issue of LD+A from, I think, 1979.  There is also a short article on him and his collection in that, if you don't have a copy I'd be pleased to send it over to you.

Best regards,

James.

Lamp Collector
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2000, 11:09:00 am »
I have spoken wih this person several times and as of the last time I corresponded with him this is the address and phone number I have for him in the Czech Republic.

Stanislan Slabyhoudek
Hurka 1039
27801 Kralupy NAD Vltavou
Czech Republic

Offline Ed Covington

• http://www.frognet.net/~ejcov/
Lamp Collector
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2000, 02:59:00 pm »
Thanks, Jerry, for the address of S. Slabyhoudek. He was a very serious collector years ago and I'm glad he is still in the "business." It would be nice if the collectors on the Continent were online. I'm sure it won't be long though 'til we can all communicate via email.