Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: Another find - single bulb - ID Help, please  (Read 8158 times)

Offline ALM

Another find - single bulb - ID Help, please
« on: December 12, 2000, 09:35:00 am »

Any thoughts/assistance would be greatly appreciated.  I got this one in a cheap-o box-lot at an auction the other night.  ID?  Value guesstimate?  Thanks in advance!

Offline Bob Masters

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2000, 11:34:00 am »
I have a question ? How in the world do you just keep "stumbling" across bulbs that a lot of collectors might never have the chance to get in a lifetime ?????

Offline ALM

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2000, 11:55:00 am »
I have no life.  Ever since discovering a "home-based" part time job to make some extra money (EBay - meaning I don't have to get a PT Job that requires me to leave home, my wife, and my kid in the evenings), my wife and I go garage-sale'ing every single weekend.  Additionally, I try to make as many auctions (estate and otherwise) within a reasonable distance from my home.

This particular example, though much dirtier when I got it, was in a boxed-lot of "junk" - electrical cords, some miscellaneous dollhouse furniture, bulbs/Xmas lights & ornaments.  A box about the size of a case of beer.  You'll see me list the dollhouse furniture in the near future, and quite possibly this bulb, too - if I can find out what the heck it is....

It was an estate auction and it was WAAAAAYYYY out in the "boonies" and I was bidding against a bunch of elderly farmers who were more interested in the collectible ERTL tractors than a box of crap.

Finally, Bob >>> if you consider that this country started on the "right" coast, it stands to some measure of reason (perhaps, humorously enough, only in my mind) that I'll find more "neat stuff" here (in the Philadelphia region) that anywhere else.  Heck, I live a stone's throw from "The Moland House" which was General George Washington's Headquarters during the Revolutionary War!  They STILL find neat artifacts over in that general area, too.  Then there is the historic General Wayne Inn... I could go on and on... Just know that the oldest buildings, and likely most of the best "historical" artifacts should be on this side of the country.

Now - what is it?  Please?

Offline bering

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2000, 08:03:00 pm »
I looked through my collection and found several bulbs that are similar but no exact match. The one that comes closest is marked by label American, St. Louis Mo. The base is identical but the lead in wires and stem are completely different and there is no filement support. Good luck...

Note: The Portage Museum can probably ID this bulb exactly.
WRA

Offline ALM

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2000, 09:41:00 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by bering:
Note: The Portage Museum can probably ID this bulb exactly.

That would be great if I knew how to get in touch with them.

The Academy of Natural Sciences was of little help, but would gladly have taken it as a donation.  Figures.  They said the same thing about my other bulbs, too.  They probably would have sold it to the Franklin Institute or something.