Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: Kingston Crystalites  (Read 26110 times)

Offline danshill

• New Member!
Kingston Crystalites
« on: May 17, 2009, 01:30:48 pm »

I recently found some boxed Kingston Crystalites in my loft and was wanting to know a bit more about them and if they were worth any money as I am considering putting them on ebay.  They are in great condition as is the box and look pretty cool.

Any info would be appreciated

Offline pagey

• New Member!
Re: Kingston Crystalites
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 06:56:42 am »
Hi, I recently inherited a similar set of Kingston Crystalites from my Grandmother in the UK, they still work and are in the original box also. On one of the lights the holder for the glass tube is missing but they even have an original spare bulb included in the set. I am really not interested in selling them due to the sentimental value but I would like another set if you are interested in selling them to me? Thanks

Offline danshill

• New Member!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 07:30:07 am »
Here is an image of the ones I have.  I have no idea how much they are worth but as you can see all is in good condition with full set of glass tubes and bulbs are in each of the fittings with 2 spares. I have found out so far they date from the 1940s and were made in Hull.   Do you know anything more about them?  I have no idea if these work or not as it is an old plug fitting.

Offline pagey

• New Member!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 06:00:15 pm »
Wow!, They are exactly the same as mine and the funny thing is I had no idea where they were made, but my grandmother lived in Hull all her life! I did wonder if Kingston had anything to do with Kingston Upon Hull in the UK. I am from Hull also but I now live in Australia and would love another set to fill the Christmas tree, if you want to sell them please let me know. I love the fact that they were even made in my home city!. I remember my grandmother telling me she bought these on Higher Purchase and had to pay them off over a few months in time for Christmas as money was so tight straight after the war!

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 07:42:40 pm »
You've got a classic set of "bubble lights" here.  Bubble lights saw great popularity here in the USA but as I understand it, they weren't nearly as popular in England, thus making English sets even more desirable today.  General bubble light history can be found at the link below if you wish to learn more about their general history, but finding any information on early English sets will be probably be difficult.

http://www.oldchristmaslights.com/bubble_lights1.htm

Offline STARMAN

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 12:42:47 pm »

I recently found some boxed Kingston Crystalites in my loft and was wanting to know a bit more about them and if they were worth any money as I am considering putting them on ebay.  They are in great condition as is the box and look pretty cool.

Any info would be appreciated

i saw these on ebay just before xmas and they were selling for ?214 so dont let them go cheap

Offline danshill

• New Member!
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 07:26:07 am »
Well I have put these on ebay if anyone is interested.  Im only starting at a tenner so if they are worth ?200+ then someone might get themselves a bargain.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250435862997

Offline markie4now

• Mark in Columbia
  • Santa's Grown-up elf!
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 01:49:46 pm »
These lights occasionally appear on eBay.  I've seen them go for as high as $400.00 per set of 8 on eBay.
I love all things Chriistmas and have collected for many years!

Offline Norfolk-K

• New Member!
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 04:22:59 am »
I have a battered set of Kingston Crystalites christmas bubble lights. The bubble stems are ok the plastic parts have seen better days, I need to replace all the bulbs (7) that heat the bubble stems. Can someone tell me some information about the bulbs. I believe they are 30V screw type E10, just not sure what current rating they should be. Also If anyone knows a uk/european supplier that would be useful.

Offline STARMAN

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 12:22:57 pm »
Good luck with finding them I hope your successful.

Offline Christmas Lamp

• Purple Bubble Light
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2018, 03:00:56 am »
Have You had any Luck in finding Your Bulbs?
I love Any Bulbs be They the Light up kind or the kind that Grows!!!

Offline STARMAN

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2018, 01:44:55 pm »
Finding bulbs like I need for modern day bubblers is a nightmare ive given up now  :cry: