Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: GE Mazda Candle Shaped lightbulb  (Read 8757 times)

Offline Cara Giuffre

• New Member!
GE Mazda Candle Shaped lightbulb
« on: December 11, 2000, 10:48:00 pm »
I would appreciate any advise on this: I have 10 sconses in my 1930 Tudor house with candle shaped lightbulbs, approx. 7 inches tall (reddish gold when lit up).  Manufacturer is GE Mazda.  Only one now lights up and it is beautiful.  I haven't found anything similar in any of my research.

I of course would like to replace and posted on the buy board, but I'm not really expecting much luck.  But I'm curious as to why this fell out of favor?  Too expensive to produce? When did this fall out of favor?  I believe the bulbs that are there now are original.  I'm surprised that all the various owners of this house (which are numerous) never attempted to replace them with something else (thankfully!)  I'm just curious and would appreciate any input.

Offline Ed Covington

• http://www.frognet.net/~ejcov/
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2000, 08:26:00 am »
Cara, you might receive some input to your question if you posted a picture of the lamp you're looking for.

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2000, 09:35:00 am »
I think this is what Cara is looking for after we talked a little bit the other night. Cara, please correct me if I'm wrong. It's a GE Mazda tall candle shaped bulb:

------------------
-Tim
BulbCollector.com
DewCollector.com

Offline Cara Giuffre

• New Member!
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2000, 09:28:00 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Cara Giuffre:
I would appreciate any advise on this: I have 10 sconses in my 1930 Tudor house with candle shaped lightbulbs, approx. 7 inches tall (reddish gold when lit up).  Manufacturer is GE Mazda.  Only one now lights up and it is beautiful.  I haven't found anything similar in any of my research.

I of course would like to replace and posted on the buy board, but I'm not really expecting much luck.  But I'm curious as to why this fell out of favor?  Too expensive to produce? When did this fall out of favor?  I believe the bulbs that are there now are original.  I'm surprised that all the various owners of this house (which are numerous) never attempted to replace them with something else (thankfully!)  I'm just curious and would appreciate any input.

Offline Cara Giuffre

• New Member!
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2000, 09:30:00 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Cara Giuffre:

That is exactly what I'm looking for Tim.  Thank you for posting the picture for.