Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: My website "Mis Bombillas" are on-line again!  (Read 10964 times)

Offline Mónico González

• Philips HP-80w Mercury Lamp
    • Mis Bombillas, peque?o museo virtual de la l?mpara el?ctrica.
My website "Mis Bombillas" are on-line again!
« on: June 04, 2005, 04:54:29 pm »
Hi dear collectors!
I have good news for everybody on the bulb-collecting world.
After almost a year off-line, my lamp collecting devoted site called "Mis Bombillas" (my bulbs), are on-line again.
As I said some months ago, I decided to "kill" it on last august, because the advertising policy of those hosting providers at whose servers my website was hosted. Of course, this was a free service, so I had to deal with undesirable adverts emerging at most pages of my site.
So now, I've registered my own domain name and I've got a paid server space, totally free of advertising banners or pop-ups.

My newly launched site hasn't experimented major changes over these months, because as you knows, to maintain and update even the smallest web page are a tedious and laborious job. So, the updates will come slowly on next weeks and months, mainly at the discharge lamps galleries, if my job and daily occupations allows me it.
The new adress of my site is:

www.mis-bombillas.com

Obviously, this website are totally written in Spanish, so, for those who couldn't understand it, any Internet provided translation service (as Babelfish) could be very useful, despite the great amount of nonsense and silly things that usually can be read after such an automatic process...? LOL!? :-D :-D :-D

I hope you will enjoy it.
Best regards,
M. Gonz?lez.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 04:57:36 pm by M?nico Gonz?lez »

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
Re: My website "Mis Bombillas" are on-line again!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 09:49:18 am »
Hi M?nico,

Thanks for keeping us updated on the progress of your website.  It’s nice to see it back online again and I look forward to the updates in the future.  I will put a link back up to your site on my “links” page the next chance I get!

Offline Max

• 100W cleartop mercury lamp during run-up
    • the Lamp Review
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 03:30:14 am »
Hi Monico,

Glad to see your lamps back online. I will add a link on my pages as well.

Max

Offline Chris W. Millinship

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 06:20:16 pm »
Likewise - good to see your site returned - looking good. I`m working (still) on the New Bulb Museum and can update your link when it`s ready for publication. I`m afraid I can`t do anything with the current site as most of the local files (and my FTP password) were lost quite a while ago, else I`d update you now.

Incidentally, and apologies for the off topic, Max - I can`t get most of your Flash site to work. Neither Firefox 1.0.3 nor MSIE6/SP2, most of the buttons won`t click (emission sources, site map, glossary) but I can, however, access the links, contact and lamp history sections. Am I doing something wrong? Incidentally do you plan to make any of the content avaliable in ordinary HTML format for those who do not/cannot use Flash? I know a lot of people don`t/won`t have it installed and it would be a shame for anyone not to be able to access the content.

:D

Offline Max

• 100W cleartop mercury lamp during run-up
    • the Lamp Review
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 03:45:25 am »
Hello Chris,

Not all the links are active, so this is normal that you cannot access any of the light sources section (also true for the glossay and sitemap).
There are two reasons why I use Flash - first because I get all the functionnality I want, most of these I could hardly get with Java/HTML. Second, I found that some of my text and pictures where ripped off and used without aknowledgement in other sites. Flash does not permit a direct access/download of pictures and text, and I see it as a good thing overall.

I am in the process of finishing writting each individual light source section and updating some chapters of the historical section, all in a new larger format. This is quite a tedious process so it will take a while before I put the new version online.

Max

Offline Mónico González

• Philips HP-80w Mercury Lamp
    • Mis Bombillas, peque?o museo virtual de la l?mpara el?ctrica.
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 02:02:48 pm »
Thanks to everyone has demonstrated interest about the re-launching of my website.
I'm finishing an interesting article about the world's first discharge portable lamp used for miner's lighting. Please visit my website on next days to know more about...

Best regards,
M. Gonz?lez.

http://www.mis-bombillas.com