Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: Your Lane Fox bulbs  (Read 6291 times)

Offline kirkb

• New Member!
Your Lane Fox bulbs
« on: January 03, 2009, 11:11:46 am »
      Hello again Tim. Tremendous site!! Just wanted to compliment you on your Lane Fox Bulbs. What is neat are the original spec labels attached. Since they look similar I take it one magnificient buy. What I am still hoping to see on your site is a back and forth banter between early bulb/ and or electrical hardware collectors. If its here I can't find it. The more pics posted the more the public(including me) gets educated.
       Your pic collections are extremely valuable here. Esp Dr Hicks, and the Edison Fla pics. For instance I found my early wood single fuse cut out(aquired from you) pictured there when I couldnt find it in any early catalogue. I do not have/collect early reference material so I search by "visual image" lol.
      If we are still as geographically close as before maybe we can swap visits sometime. Justa great site!!!

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
Re: Your Lane Fox bulbs
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 07:14:35 pm »
Hi Kirk,

What I am still hoping to see on your site is a back and forth banter between early bulb/ and or electrical hardware collectors. If its here I can't find it. The more pics posted the more the public(including me) gets educated.

There has been some good discussion on the antique bulb forum in years past (my personal favorite is this thread), but yes - activity has dropped off for whatever reason.  This forum is open to anyone interested in antique light bulbs to discuss and share information, and I continually invite people to join and banter back and fourth about this subject.

Just wanted to compliment you on your Lane Fox Bulbs.

Thanks for the compliments on the Lane-Fox lamps.  I was excited to acquire them and the spec labels are indeed a great feature associated with most Lane-Fox lamps that I have seen.  I would love to hear from other people with similar L-F bulbs and compare labels and talk about Latimer Clark Muirhead & Company.  Anyone?

Your pic collections are extremely valuable here. Esp Dr Hicks, and the Edison Fla pics.

I'm glad you find the site useful - that's good to know and it gives me more confidence to keep plugging away on it when I have the spare time.

If we are still as geographically close as before maybe we can swap visits sometime.

Sounds like a good idea.  I'd like to see what's new in your collection.  I remember you had some awesome bulbs and a huge assortment of early electrical things.  I know of a few other collectors in the area, it would be fun to get some people together in the warmer months!