Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: BLACKOUT!  (Read 10563 times)

Offline Dino

• New Member!
BLACKOUT!
« on: August 15, 2003, 08:20:00 pm »
Are we out of the dark yet? Dean
« Last Edit: November 14, 2004, 01:35:14 am by tim »

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
BLACKOUT!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2003, 10:57:00 pm »
Amazingly our power was not affected by the "Blackout of 2003" however nearby counties to the east of me were.  Anyone else in bulb land affected?

I can only wonder what Mr. Edison might be thinking right now if he were still around  

------------------
Tim
Kilokat's Antique Light Bulb Site
Mountain Dew Collectibles, Volume I

Offline Yoshi

BLACKOUT!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2003, 11:23:00 pm »
Time to pull out the blackout bulbs!   JUST KIDDIN

I guess this is the perfect time for you guys to view the most unusual things... Such as to watch the cosmos clearly, from your own home!

LOL, bulb land! That would be a good title for a lightbulb collection website too...

-Yoshi
How do I add custom avatars? The feature doesn't seem to be working

Offline Carl Wright

BLACKOUT!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2003, 01:26:00 am »
I was at Greenfield Village when the blackout accorded. I had just left The Menlo Park area (it is now called "Edison at Work"area ) they have just opened it after improving the utilities at the Village. I thought they must of not done such a good job on the electrical. What a surprise to find out it was just not the Village.
They have made a lot of improvements to the Village. The Edison statue has been move again. It is now were Building 11 was placed in 1940 and as this building has been moved back to West Orange. This is the third that it has been moved that I know of since 1960. The lights have been fixed around the Menlo Park Complex and new lights have been added across the new paved street from the complex. They are still making tin foil recording in the main building.
I wonder what Mr. Edison would thought about the electrical system that he had created and he might have done too improve it.
Carl Wright

Offline Alan Franzman

• Nixie Tube Addict
  • Email a.j.franzman [A T] verizon [D O T] net
    • Nixie Tube Cross-Reference
BLACKOUT!
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2003, 11:28:00 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Carl Wright:
I wonder what Mr. Edison would thought about the electrical system that he had created and he might have done too improve it.

The system Edison created?  Are they still running DC at Menlo Park?  Or is it really AC, the work of the greatest unsung inventor of U.S. history, Nikola Tesla?
If you were mistaken, you're not alone!  Even our national museum, the Smithsonian Institution, erroneously perpetuates credit to Edison for our power production and distribution system - motivated in part by corporate sponsorship. See Nikola Tesla: Forgotten American Scientist for the full story.

------------------

Alan "A.J." Franzman

Email: a.j.franzman at verizon dot net

------------------
A.J.