S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Antique Bulb Discussion / Prohibition Era Speakeasy Light Buld
« Last post by pierone on December 05, 2023, 12:52:25 pm »
Does anyone know the value of a Prohibtion Era Speakeasy light bulb that was hollowed out and used for providing shots of liquor in the bathroom by unscrewing it?
Antique Bulb Discussion / Re: Nernst Lamp for sale
« Last post by Malgajeva on November 09, 2023, 10:46:49 am »
Hi, I have a nernst lamp for sale. Not being a collector I need advice on who to approach or where to sell. I have attached some Photos.
The lamp is 13.5 inches long with a 6.5 inch glass dome.
Hello,
I am willing to buy it from you. I am occasional collector, when seeing something I like, I will buy it.
Please let me know how much would you like for your Ne
Hi, I have a nernst lamp for sale. Not being a collector I need advice on who to approach or where to sell. I have attached some Photos.
rnst bulb?
Best regards, Vlad
Antique Bulb Discussion / Nernst Lamp for sale
« Last post by George T on August 25, 2023, 09:38:28 am »
Hello everyone,

I am on the lookout for a very specific light bulb for the restoration of a 1920 Art Deco statue. The original bulb has a distinctive shape and operates at a voltage of 220v/230v/240v, with an E10 base. These bulbs were initially manufactured in France under the "Croze" brand. I have a photo of the bulbs used in the original statue, but I have been unable to locate them anywhere.

I am committed to keeping the restoration as faithful as possible to the original, and finding the right bulbs is a crucial part of this process. I am based in Europe and would greatly appreciate any suggestions on where I might find suitable bulbs for this purpose. If anyone has experience with similar situations or is aware of specialized suppliers or stores that might carry these bulbs, please share your insights with me.

My hope is that someone in this community has had similar experiences or is knowledgeable about resources that could assist me in completing my restoration project. Any advice or information would be highly valued.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Sandro
Antique Bulb Discussion / Antique Lectern Bulbs ID
« Last post by pspana on July 12, 2023, 03:19:23 pm »
Hello, I am reaching out to see if anyone here can tell me what bulbs may have been use in this lamp. Two bulbs were used in a 1960 era IBM lectern. The built in lamp lit the table top as well as to edge light the faces of the clock and timer. The attached images show the lamp used on the lectern and the front and back of the lamp's reflector. I'd appreciate any information you may have on identifying the bulbs or where I may be able to locate them. I don't plan on powering the bulbs of course, but would like to have them to complete the lectern. Thank you.
Antique Bulb Discussion / ID this bulb?
« Last post by drbruin on June 25, 2023, 05:41:55 am »
Probably a glow light?  No markings.  T4 size.

Antique Bulb Discussion / Amglow Batrilite No. 75-C3R 4 pin socket neon
« Last post by neondave on May 09, 2023, 07:05:27 pm »
Hi,
          I have info about 'Lighted Survey Buoys'  from 1939 . They talk about the Eveready Luminous Tube operating Unit model A6-80L and the use of the  Amglo bulb mention above.  I have the operating unit ! , but whats the chance of finding and purchasing one of these bulbs ? ?  That would be cool to get these two together.

Thanks for any info , Dave
Antique Bulb Discussion / Ken Rad (Kentucky Radio) branded lamps + Datecodes
« Last post by Ben M on November 26, 2022, 10:17:43 am »
Westinghouse bought the lamp division of Kentucky Radio (Ken Rad) in 1943 however they didn't start making lamps until later in the 1940's (1946 onwards? due to the ban on Mazda branded lamps? Or the end of WWII?).

The fluorescent lamps they made had bakelite endcaps and made them until around the 1960's (?)
They started making miniature t5 lamps (4,6,8w) in the late 1940's with bakelite endcaps and sometime in the early 1950's, they transitioned to aluminum endcaps.
All their t8 and t12 lamps had bakelite endcaps however other than endcap material and the lamp etch (4w t5 was changed to f4t5 in ~1960), I cannot find information on the datecodes of the lamps.

They have a series of dots around the USA - Mine has four dots on either side and one between the US and another between the SA so ....U.S.A....

Anyone know how to place a datecode on these lamps?
Modern Electric Lighting / Re: SOX lamps, production ceased
« Last post by Ben M on November 08, 2022, 08:50:21 am »
There still is one factory in China making them, from what I've seen, they're not bad...
Antique Bulb Discussion / Re: Please Help to ID signage striplight
« Last post by Ben M on October 23, 2022, 06:38:18 pm »
That seems to be a cold cathode fixed text display.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10