Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: I have a bulb I need help with  (Read 7389 times)

Offline krich1954

• New Member!
I have a bulb I need help with
« on: February 05, 2009, 09:39:35 pm »
I have a bulb that can best be described as follows:  When lit, it has a single red rose, partially opened bud, green leaves and a green stem.  It is a smaller bulb similiar in sized to a 25 watt decorative bulb.  I got this bulb in 1968 from my dad's mom, who got it from her mom.  Is there a way I can find out who made the bulb, when it was made, how much it was worth, etc?  I'm new to this, so any help would be great.  Thanks ahead of time.

Offline Chris Kocsis

Re: I have a bulb I need help with
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 09:05:29 pm »
Hi, go the FAQ in the upper right corner and the article called Neon Glow Lights.  Your bulb was made by Aerolux and is a common, but beautiful, design. 

Offline krich1954

• New Member!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 09:29:47 pm »
Hi, go the FAQ in the upper right corner and the article called Neon Glow Lights.  Your bulb was made by Aerolux and is a common, but beautiful, design. 
Actually, it's not a neon glow light, I don't think.  The "filaments" are made of what looks like black cloth, or some other type of fabric.  When turned on, the cloth appears to be almost on fire.  You can see that there is what looks like 2 seperate "filaments" in the bulb, made the same way, with a black cloth like fabric coating them.  Parts of the cloth, lint like, has come off over the years.  But what do I know, maybe it is what you said it is.  I guess I can post a picture of it too, if need be. 

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 10:24:54 pm »
krich1954,

Take a look at the bulbs shown at this link.  Do these bulbs resemble your bulb when lit?  The cloth description has me confused.  If your bulb has a different appearance than those that I linked to then please post a photo.