BULB DISCUSSION BOARDS > Christmas Lighting

21-light 8v twinkle set

(1/3) > >>

JCIV:
Hi,
I have a set of lights that's been in the family as long as anyone can remember, I've been told they date back to when my father was young (early 1940s). Enough of the bulbs have finally burned out that it's no longer usable :( Pretty good service, though...we used this set all my life, until the 1980s sometime. I've been looking for replacement bulbs. Here's all the info I have on the set: 21 bulbs, came with blue, green, red, and one yellow (for the top). All are tubular, miniature base (?) twinkle bulbs. The set has a transformer, label reads as follows:

Cat No. 9020T
"Decorative Lighting Outfit" or "Christmas Tree Lighting Outfit" For Indoor Use Only, - Line 115 Volts, 60 Cycles, load 8 Volts 3 Ampers, 24VA.
FOR A. C. CURRENT ONLY

Julius Kupfer, Inc, Elmhurst 73, N. Y.

I just found some bulbs on Ebay that I thought would work, they have the same "6-8 Volts Japan" on the base, box says NOMA #1011 Twink-O-Lite, 6-8V, permanent contact type. They sure look the same, but they only last about 10 seconds :(

Can anyone help me here? I'd love to rehab this set. I have 16 of these NOMA bulbs left, if anyone can use them.

Thanks!
JC

Hemingray:
You can get such bulbs from Lion's Den Antiques.

http://www.lionsdenantiques.com

JCIV:

Thanks for the link! Those are close, but my originals don't have the pointy tip, they're round. I suppose they would be better than nothing, though  8-) Does anyone have the rounded ones?

Hemingray:
Are they cone shaped?

JCIV:
Nope, tubular. Here's a pic of the set.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version