Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: Anyone know the OEM used...  (Read 9748 times)

Offline Zelandeth

• Cold Philips SOX 35W
    • Zel's Lair - an assorted grab bag of lighting information, automotive mayhem, and anything else I remember to upload
Anyone know the OEM used...
« on: November 04, 2005, 03:50:54 pm »
By Morrisons Supermarkets?

I've noticed that all of the lighting products in our local store are of their own brand, and they've got a fair range, including standard incandescent, compact fluorescent (in a variety of styles and ratings), and both capsule and linear halogen lamps.

I've got a couple of their products now, and am curious to know whose lamps they actually are.? They seem to be of decent quality for the price.? The compact fluorescent range have an interesting feature in that the outer diffusers, globes, reflectors and such attatched to the lamps to give them different shapes, in the case of at least five or six of them screw onto the ballast module, and can be removed.? This, while rather pointless means that if you've got lamps of the same (or similar) wattages, you can mix and match these parts.? Silly, but the kind of thing likely to be both of interest and enough to keep lamp enthusiasts like myself amused for a while.

So, who's making the lamps for them, and where?? No country of origin is stated on the packaging of the lamps (that I can find anyway).? This is data which I'd quite like to add to my website, so any input would be welcome.?

I've sent them a couple of emails, but (predictably) haven't had any response.

Offline James

• www.lamptech.co.uk
Re: Anyone know the OEM used...
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 07:56:40 pm »
I believe they are currently sourcing their CFLs from Supertrend in Ningbo, China.
The coloured GLS looks like the work of Surya Roshni in India. 
As far as I know the rest of their prouducts including stabdard GLS, and halogen, are supplied by GE.

James.