Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: My Kyp-Go Balafire light!  (Read 7469 times)

Offline Gnildir

• New Member!
    • Dahliasuppliers.com
My Kyp-Go Balafire light!
« on: July 18, 2009, 10:50:29 pm »
This is my kyp-go light that I had for about 25 years. This is the 2nd kyp-go balafire light that I have ever owned in my life and this one is an older one. I thought that I have lost this thing and it was gone forever, I have been searching every-where at my house and at my girlfriend's house high and low with no luck, and just the other day, I was cleaning my book-shelf out and I saw this thing, all wrapped up in newspaper, and the 1st thing that flew into my mind is that light bulb I have been looking for, because I remembered exactly how I wrapped it up when I was moving. I even thought that it was stolen out of my house as I have lived in a bad neighborhood. I think that I moved it up to my mom's when I felt like something bad was going to happen to it, and sure enough, my glitter light that my friend gave me at the same time as that balafire light disappears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sn70P4i7O0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=576zYWZxvw0

"Without Edison, where would we be at today?"  -Aaron Wade Ridling

Offline Gnildir

• New Member!
    • Dahliasuppliers.com
Re: My Kyp-Go Balafire light!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 12:40:02 am »
Oh Crikes!  Sorry about the sizing, but let's take it at an advantage now...  this digital camera even got a picture with a filament support and the filament  clearly visible till it blurs where it is vibrating the most towards the middle and end.  and of course, the magnet.  I'm gonna do some more photography of it as I am good with macro photography (and yes, I'll scale the size down).  However, the clarity is going to be limited as the enamel coloring on the shell of the bulb is all cracking from age.  I have made contact with Robert Kyp's wife, and Robert will check his email and look at the pictures so he can determine when he had those made.  I will even take some more videos and will experiment with different cameras to get the best and clear motion video of a balafire doing its job...  just flickering...

-Aaron
"Without Edison, where would we be at today?"  -Aaron Wade Ridling