Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: Pepper Bulbs 6-8V 0.15A  (Read 14893 times)

Offline jgm56

• New Member!
Pepper Bulbs 6-8V 0.15A
« on: July 08, 2008, 12:37:47 pm »
Hi,

I am looking for some vintage light bulbs and am having no luck. They are likely 40 years old and would have gone into a string of Christmas lights. One box says "Pepper Bulbs", 6-8V 0.15A, with "Made in Hong Kong" and come in a variety of colors. There is a second box with 6.5V 0.15A, with "Made in Japan" and they are clear. All have a screw base and are about 3/16ths of an inch in diameter and 1 1/8th of an inch in length.

The bulbs are for use in a work of art in a museum setting and while there are still a good number of bulbs in the colored box, the clear box is getting low. Once the bulbs are gone we won't be able to display the work since it is all about light. Any help would be appreciated.

Jim

Offline Chris Kocsis

Re: Pepper Bulbs 6-8V 0.15A
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 05:40:35 pm »
These should not be hard to find if you haunt eBay, yard sales, and estate sales.  But in the meantime you can probably remove the paint from colored bulbs by wiping with Goof Off.  Do this outdoors and with plastic gloves, because the active solvent is xylene and you don't want to breathe it or absorb it through your skin.  Good luck! 

Offline jonathan cassiday

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 10:14:10 am »
you may be able to find bulbs with that small base in hobby shops for use in scale models and dollhouses, but they would be of a diffrent shape and most likely operate at 12 volts. I know that model shops sell the sockes and bulbs as i have used them in train layouts in lighted houses. They would generraly be clear but to color them you could use colored laqure. Ebay is a good place to look for similar bulbs as well, you could possibly canibalize a old set of lights as they do come up for bid every so often
in fact there is an ebay auction for some bulbs right now item number 220257307209

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Christmas-Miniature-Light-Bulbs-Lightbulbs-

when looking for these bulbs in google or on ebay the term subminiture in your search can sometimes  help
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 10:24:09 am by jonathan cassiday »
yes this is Jonathan Cassiday how may i help you

Offline lightbulb1

• New Member!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 03:38:39 pm »
Hi,

I am looking for some vintage light bulbs and am having no luck. They are likely 40 years old and would have gone into a string of Christmas lights. One box says "Pepper Bulbs", 6-8V 0.15A, with "Made in Hong Kong" and come in a variety of colors. There is a second box with 6.5V 0.15A, with "Made in Japan" and they are clear. All have a screw base and are about 3/16ths of an inch in diameter and 1 1/8th of an inch in length.

The bulbs are for use in a work of art in a museum setting and while there are still a good number of bulbs in the colored box, the clear box is getting low. Once the bulbs are gone we won't be able to display the work since it is all about light. Any help would be appreciated.

Jim
try www.uklightbulbs.co.uk

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 05:37:27 pm »
try www.uklightbulbs.co.uk

@lightbulb1:

While I don?t mind a little self promotion every now and then, please don?t hide the fact that you?re directly related to the company that you gave a reference to!  If your company sells this particular bulb then just tell us and help the original poster out!  If your company doesn?t sell this product then I?m considering this shameless self promotion - sorry!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 05:39:13 pm by Tim »

Offline christmasnut

• Circle f net works
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 08:36:12 pm »
a company by the name of jkl in calaforina has these buls. i can get a price if you want i do not know if you can buy direct our not i have started looking in becoming a dealer in my spare time as a way to find replacement bulbs for the old christmas lighted decreations