Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: Members  (Read 19203 times)

Offline dfenner2

Members
« on: April 23, 2014, 03:09:10 pm »
It really is a shame that we get more visitors on this site them member interaction.  I am still hopeful to make a connection with other members on here.  Would love to share information and buy, sell and trade bulbs
Dan

Offline PCris

Re: Members
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 10:28:56 am »
Dan,

I agree.

I suspect that lack of time may be part of it. It is for me. I have been fascinated by this subject for ever it seems, but do something else full time & demanding, completely unrelated. I love to come to this site when I have a few extra moments to learn and to give myself a much needed break from work. (I enjoy my work greatly, but hey, everyone needs a break, and this is one way I keep balance in my life.)

I love your picture with the colored glass bulbs. The green ones are scarce it seems. I especially enjoyed your recent post of the purple tubular bulb. Talk about scarce! I wonder why a tubular bulb?

My area of collecting is roughly 1880's to early 1920's, about 150 lamps in all. Would love to hear of your interests. And contact me if you ever happen to be planning a trip to the Mid-Atlantic area.

Regards,
PCris

Offline dfenner2

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 02:52:30 pm »
Pcris,
I actually have 3 green bulbs, several red ones and a few blue ones and 2 purple bulbs.  I mainly collect bulbs from 1900 through the 1920's.  I probably have a little over 100 bulbs in my collection.  I also collect antique christmas lighting.  I have close to 1000 figural bulbs c-6 and about 1500 mazda c-6 bulbs.  I have an original box of Westinghouse detecto bulbs and about 100 mazda bells and mazda figurals.  I have probably 100 mathless stars and a few other odd c-6 bulbs in my collection.  I also have c-6 lighted tree stand bases and tree top stars of various makes. I also have many c-6 and c-7 bubble lights.  paramount oils, shooting stars, spark-L-lights, noma, renown and several others.
I have been fascinated by light bulbs from an early age and collecting since 1980.
Dan
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 03:12:57 pm by dfenner2 »

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 05:27:23 pm »
It's been quiet around here for a long time.  I blame myself for not keeping up with this forum and promoting it more.  Despite maintaining an interest in this hobby, I'm hardly active anymore in collecting, which means less time dedicated to this site and forums.  Everyday life just gets in the way.  I also blame the incredible amount of forum spam that I was dealing with when the forum was "open".  It got to the point where I couldn't keep up with the hundreds of new forum registrations every day while trying to vet out the one or two legitimate requests.  It was becoming a huge time sink so I just completely disabled all new forum registrations which forces interested people to contact me directly if they would like to participate here.

Anyway, it's great to see some new faces here and active discussions.  Welcome all new members and and a warm hello to those old members who still may be lurking around here!

Offline Mónico González

• Philips HP-80w Mercury Lamp
    • Mis Bombillas, peque?o museo virtual de la l?mpara el?ctrica.
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 03:12:34 pm »
Hi Tim and other Forum Members!
We are here, but as you have said, everyday life (and job, and many other tasks and occupations) doesn't let many spare time to dedicate to collecting, cataloguing, classifiyng, photographing the new acquisitions and updating even my own website, neither participating in forums like this. But we are here, despite those activities.
I hope things will return to its normal situation, so, when I will have enough spare time, I will be some active in the bulb collecting subject again, even contributing with my modest comments here.
I want to use this occasion to express again my best regards to yours, especially to Tim for still maintaining this wonderful website online along all these years.
M. Gonz?lez.