BULB BANTER > General Discussion

Radio Shack\

(1/2) > >>

Scott:
One thing I've been looking for(unsuccessfully) for some time is one of those five-cell flashlights Radio Shack used to give away with a coupon back in the '70's. As I recall, they were gray plastic with a red lens ring,and had the words Radio Shack embossed into the plastic of the body. I have never seen one turn up at a yard sale, flea market, or Goodwill. I suppose,because they were so cheaply made, few have survived the test of time. Haven't even seen one on E-bay. I'd like to have one for my Shelf of Weird Things.

Chris W. Millinship:
Hi Scott,

You might like to visit http://www.candlepowerforums.com  and post a similar message there. It`s a very active forums site devoted to discussion of flashlights- new products, reviews, that sort of thing (it`s not a collectors site though). I`m sure there`s someone there who may have one for sale/trade/etc or know where to find one.

Hope this helps,

------------------
-chris

http://members.ebay.co.uk/aboutme/chrismillinship

Tim:
Hey Scott,

Ya I remember those exact flashlights and had several. I was a just a litte kid during that time and remember going through my phase of tearing stuff apart - anything remotely electrical that is - flashlights weren't even safe around me   Those cheasy flashlights are long gone now otherwise I'd be happy to donate them to your oddball collection.

Interesting flashlight forum you found Chris....

------------------
-Tim
BulbCollector.com
DewCollector.com

migette:
Hi Scott These flashlights also came to England and they still turn up in Bootsales here. only one problem they may well have the Tandy logo instead of r/s,which is the same firm. Funny enough today I picked up a very unusaul torch or flashlight which I think was used in diving activities It is made by Nemrod a Spanish company who I think made diving bits and pieces.As i have said before flea markets here bring forth many bits from around the world including the US and Australia. Scott has the bits arrived yet, though I think it may still be too soon. All for this time    Peter.

Scott:
The stuff got here just fine. Thanks! Not a single 'casualty". A lot of stuff! I also spent a while reading the newspaper you used as padding. A Vauxhall Chevette? here, it was the Chevy Chevette(I had a '79). Many thanks for all the unusual things. Is that deep purple blacklight looking bulb 240 v? Again, thanks for all the stuff. Scott

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version