BulbCollector Forums

VACUUM TUBE COLLECTING => Tube Discussion => Topic started by: Dylan on August 19, 2001, 06:27:00 pm

Title: Tube Bases
Post by: Dylan on August 19, 2001, 06:27:00 pm
I have a question that I hope someone can answer: 4-pin bases are called "UX", 5-pin bases are called "UY". So what are 6- and 7-pin bases called? Is a 6-pin a "UZ"? If it is, than what could the 7-pin be?

I have seen some people call all American bases "UX", but I know this isn't right, so what do you call them?

Here's another question: Why do some tubes like German rectifiers use mesh plates?

Thanks for any help.

[This message has been edited by Dylan (edited August 27, 2001).]
Title: Tube Bases
Post by: Dylan on June 11, 2002, 09:11:00 pm
Come on! It's been almost a year since I posted this!

-Dylan Windom
Title: Tube Bases
Post by: Alan Franzman on June 12, 2002, 03:08:00 am
These are all the web references I have about tube bases:

Sokkel oversikt radiorør (http://www.nrhf.no/nrhf-sokkel-innhold.html)  A page from the Norwegian Historical Radio Society. (No, I don't understand Norwegian!)

Tube bases (http://w1.879.telia.com/~u87908413/bases/index.htm)  A page from Åke Holm's excellent site.

Tube sockets (http://w1.879.telia.com/~u87908413/sockets/index.htm)  Another page from Åke Holm's site.

Tube Bases (http://home.planet.nl/~frank.philipse/frank/bases.html)  One of Frank Philipse's Electron Tube Pages.

Electron Tubes & Valves Data - Figures and Outlines (http://www.ginko.de/user/franz.hamberger/roehren/bilder.html)  A page from Franz Hamberger's KyteLabs InfoBase.

These links open their respective pages in new windows.

Alan "A.J." Franzman

Email: a.j.franzman at verizon dot net