Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: Help needed in identifying manufacturer of a bulb  (Read 6186 times)

Offline arno-fmp

• New Member!
Help needed in identifying manufacturer of a bulb
« on: June 10, 2020, 08:46:57 am »
Hi everybody,

I just signed up to this forum to seek help in identifying the manufacturer of a light bulb. I am not sure if this is the correct subforum, please move the topic if necessary.
I am currently working on gathering information on a large array of light bulbs from our collection and preparing them for inclusion in our new database.

This specific bulb seems to be coming from a french manufacturer but I am not certain of it. I could find no further information anywhere on the web. It is also the only bulb from this manufacturer that I have come accross so far.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks very much
Arno

Offline adam2

Re: Help needed in identifying manufacturer of a bulb
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 03:50:49 pm »
Don't know whom made it, but the design of the lamp with a very compact filament suggests a projector lamp, or a searchlight lamp.
The Logo marked on the glass suggests a marine connection.
Possibly for a ships searchlight.
Looks the sort of lamp that was made to the same basic design for decades, probably from the last war until recently.
Both searchlights and projectors are often expensive and therefore remain in service for a great many years, therefore replacement lamps are manufactured to the same basic design for decades.

A screw base is not ideal for this sort of lamp because when the lamp is screwed in to make a good electrical contact, it might not be correctly aligned with optical system.

Offline arno-fmp

• New Member!
Re: Help needed in identifying manufacturer of a bulb
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 04:51:30 am »
Hi Adam,

thanks so much for your replay and your thoughts.
You are definately right: I am pretty sure this lamp was used either in 35mm film projection or as part of a lighting setup for film production.

Therefore I am not so sure about the marine connection although the anchor would suggest it.

Well, maybe someone else will be able to help. Otherwise the manufacturer will remain a mystery for the time being.

Thanks!