Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: What is your Favourite kind...  (Read 11148 times)

Offline Christmas Lamp

• Purple Bubble Light
What is your Favourite kind...
« on: October 17, 2005, 02:54:35 pm »
of Light Set and Why?

If I can get my hands on a Bubble Light set that would be mine...
But as I don't this set is...

Its Called Silent Night Outdoor/Indoor Low Voltge. With Cone Shaped Lamps... Just Love the Cone Shape, not Sure why...
I love Any Bulbs be They the Light up kind or the kind that Grows!!!

Offline Hemingray

• Lightbulb Junkie
Re: What is your Favourite kind...
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 10:26:36 pm »
anything old. C6, etc

Offline jonathan cassiday

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 06:03:22 pm »
i would agree with hemingray, I love the old c-6 or series burning strings and all the bulbs associated, bubble lites, figural, cone, etc.. i find part of the fun in them is the fixing of dark strings of lights, looking for the burned out bulb. its a sickness, but i like to fix things, even if its not broken.
yes this is Jonathan Cassiday how may i help you

Offline Chris W. Millinship

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 06:30:59 am »
Although most of my decorating these days uses miniature/LED lights, I do love the classic British 12-bulb sets with the smooth sided pointed cone shape lamps. My Grampa had a set of those (which he extended to 16 lamps so they would last longer) and I still remember the wonderful warm glow. I have a few sets like that these days and don`t light them very often but still do now and then during the Festive Season.

Also very fond of bubble lights, which I never knew about when I was younger, only discovered them more recently.

And you can`t beat the classic outdoor full-GLS-size "big bulb" sets that were quite popular years ago, with those large bold bright solid colours. Not too commonly seen any more (outside of town/city centers, who prefer the clear lacquered ones as opposed to opaque glazed/vacuum coated) due to the huge power consumption and large weight. I still see a few of those here and there though, always nice to see.

To me, nostalgia and tradition heavilly surround the Festive period and I guess that`s why I have such a fondness for the older style lights. The only reason I don`t use them in my decorating is the large power consumption, that and the increasing scarcity of the old lamps.

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 09:45:01 am »
M?nico Gonz?lez wrote:

About my favourite Xmas sets, I like too much the older Spanish series of 8 to 10 baseless tipped lamps. On next days I will take a pic for you of one of these simple 125-130 volt sets that probably you ever haven't seen before.
Last models of them, came fitted with 24 volt lamps to match the new voltage of 220-230 volts, but older sets must be wired in series of two of them to can be connected directly to 220-230 volt lines.

Hi M?nico,

I would be interested in seeing this old series set - please post pictures!