Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: FXG-146 C flashtube Question  (Read 8860 times)

Offline VacuumTubesHunter

• New Member!
FXG-146 C flashtube Question
« on: October 18, 2005, 08:22:21 am »
I've received a nice FXG-146 C flashtube, new and in its original military packaging.

The FXG-146c is a bulb style xenon flashlamp manufactured by EG&G Electro-Optics (now PerkinElmer Optoelectronics). The arc gap is 2.5 mm, and I suspect that this lamp can be operated either continuously, or as a powerful electronic flash tube. I suppose that it was designed for analytical instrumentation, but it doesn't appear anymore in the PerkinElmer Optoelectronics catalog.

Unfortunately, I've not been able to find more details about this lamp, nor about similar ones.

If you have any additional info or specs, I would be grateful if you could forward it on to me.

Thanks

- Giorgio Basile (Belgium)

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
Re: FXG-146 C flashtube Question
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 08:36:28 am »
Hi Giorgio,

I have an older (circa 1970s) EG&G catalog and attempted to locate your tube, but I had no luck.  The closest designation that I could find is a FX-147.  What I can tell you is that the letter "G" in the part number denotes that this tube is made from a special quartz glass envelope that blocks ultraviolet.  The "X" denotes Xenon gas, while the "F" simply signifies that it is a flash lamp.  I wish I had more specifics on your lamp, but I don't.  Perhaps someone else reading this may have a newer EG&G catalog with your lamp's specs.

If it's of any interest to you or anyone else here, I would be happy to post my catalog online.  I have a few EG&G linear flash lamps myself...