Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: Questio about a resistance inside the caps of a neon glow bulb  (Read 10079 times)

Offline M Martini

• New Member!
Questio about a resistance inside the caps of a neon glow bulb
« on: January 16, 2007, 12:46:15 pm »
Hi Everybody,
I am new, I live in Portugal so excuse me for my english.I just begin a collection of figural bulbs and I bought a neon figural glow bulb on Ebay. The filament is of a double lily. 120 v. 3 to 5 watt.
When I received my bulb, the caps was unstick, the bulb does not light because? inside the caps, I saw a resistance sealed to one of the two wires fixed to the caps. But the resistance is broken, this is why the bulb does not light I think. Everything is ok inside the glass bulb except the resistance inside the caps.
Can you tell me the properties/characteristics of this resistance for I want to try to put a new one. Thanks a lot if somebody can help me and happy new year for everybody.
Miss Martini.

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
Re: Questio about a resistance inside the caps of a neon glow bulb
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 07:16:18 pm »
Hi and welcome to the forum.  This particular glow bulb is a common one and easily had on eBay, usually for low prices since it?s a modern bulb.  Personally, I wouldn?t consider this bulb valuable enough to warrant the time needed to change out the bad resistor in the base.  IMHO, I think it?s more trouble than what it?s worth for this bulb.  Perhaps someone else can comment on a procedure used to the remove the base.  I know it?s been discussed before.  Searching around the forum may turn up a thread or two dealing with this.

Offline M Martini

• New Member!
Re: Questio about a resistance inside the caps of a neon glow bulb
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 01:49:29 pm »
Thank you for your response  and advice Tim.
M Martini.