Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: How about some info on some old wall sconces from an ocean liner?  (Read 9116 times)

Offline oz

• New Member!
If this the proper place to post?
I have some pictures[with story also] of these, and am curious to see what else I can find out about them.

The more I think about it the more electrical items I have that i've collected [completely unintentionally] over the years
Oz

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
Re: How about some info on some old wall sconces from an ocean liner?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 05:40:04 pm »
Yes, no problem posting your question to this board,? I'm not picky.? I don't know a thing about vintage wall sconces but feel welcome to post your pictures.? Maybe someone else will recognize them.

Offline oz

• New Member!
Re: How about some info on some old wall sconces from an ocean liner?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 07:12:03 pm »
Heres some of the pictures of these things. They came off a boat named The Doric, [part of the home lines]while it was being refitted at the newport news shipyard and was part of things that were scrapped in the refitting. I live right next to the shipyard and find all kinds of strange stuff from there some times. Im not much on boats and even less on sconces. It's hard to find anything about them via the internet. At least for me.

Latest Name of boat and short history;
Regent Sun (Regency Cruises: 1988-95)

Regent Sun was built as the Zim Israel liner Shalom in 1964. After only three years, she was bought by the Deutsches Atlantik group in 1967 and renamed Hanseatic (2). [After a fire I think] She was sold again to Home Lines in 1973, [this is where the shipyard refitting comes in] and named Doric, and became Royal Odyssey in the Royal Cruise Line fleet in 1981. In 1988 she became the Regent Sun in the Regency Cruises fleet. She has been inactive since the Regency Cruises bankruptcy, despite an announced sale to Royal Venture cruises as their Sun Venture. Current name is listed just as Sun, with owners Canyon Ranch. It was planned to use her as a hotel ship, and the interiors have been stripped out. It seems unlikely that she will sail again. I live

Figuring the history of the boat I feel that the sconces were made in the late 50';s to early 60's. Not to old of an Antique. I could not find any markings anywhere. All the lights work except for the one I don't have a bulb for. Some sort of crystal, solid brass or plated? Not a clue?? Appreciate any info on this.
Thanks.
Oz

« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 09:50:13 am by tim »