Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: Wirt "Dim-A-Lite" sockets....  (Read 11441 times)

Offline Chris W. Millinship

Wirt "Dim-A-Lite" sockets....
« on: September 02, 2000, 10:20:00 am »
Hello everyone.
I recently purchased two Wirt "Dim-A-Lite" socket adaptors, one perhaps a little older than the other (but they both carry the same patent dates of Nov.24-08). They are pictured below.....

The one on the left is a "plain" type but the one on the right has an outer shell, obviously intended to hold some sort of shade or reflector, which I don`t have.
I would like to know if anyone has one of these socket adaptors with the shade part still present, and if possible could post a picture of it so I can see what they were like. Alternatively a catalogue illustration or something similar would be great too.

Better still- does someone out there have a genuine original "spare" shade for sale?

If anyone can help me out I`d be really grateful.  

thanks,

-chris

[This message has been edited by Chris Millinship (edited September 10, 2000).]

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
Wirt "Dim-A-Lite" sockets....
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2000, 11:14:00 am »
Hi Chris,

Wirt sockets came in many different varieties as your starting to find out. Here's an example of a basic saucer shade that might accompany it:

This shade measures about 8 inches diameter and the diameter that fits into the shade holder measures around 2 inches. If you think it would fit your socket then I'm sure I have another one someplace that I could help you out with - give me an email if interested.

BTW, recently I learned of one intended for Ediswan / bayonet based lamps. After seeing this one I wonder if these were produced in other base designs. A Thomson-Houston based Wirt socket??? Has anyone seen the sockets pictured above with a base other than the Edison screw type?

------------------
-Tim