Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: Old bulb volt/amp meter - need info?  (Read 6331 times)

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
Old bulb volt/amp meter - need info?
« on: November 19, 2002, 08:56:00 pm »
I'm searching for information on this in-line voltage/amperage instrument. If anyone can identify the manufacturer or pin point a date I would be interested in hearing from you. There isn't a name marked on it anywhere. The housing is nickel plated (I'm guessing here) and highly polished. The button housing is wood and the button looks like bone or ivory. Two protective caps cover the dial faces when the instrument is not being used. It is housed in a velvet box similar to those old violet ray devices. I've seen one other marked "Talmont" however this one isn't marked anywhere. Has anyone heard of "Talmont" before in regards to old electrical instruments like this? I would love to learn more about this device, specifically who made it, the company's history, and it's exact age.

Thanks in advance!

------------------
Tim
Kilokat's Antique Light Bulb Site
Mountain Dew Collectibles, Volume I

[This message has been edited by tim (edited November 19, 2002).]

Offline Tluce

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2002, 06:24:00 am »
Hi Tim,
  We missed you at the 4th annual light bulb shindig this year.  Maybe next year?  I have a comparable instrument with the contact button built into the side of the volt meter.  It is marked "Talmont, New York".  It also has what appears to be porcelain or plaster in the male end of the socket.  I know this isn't much help but it's the best I can do.  Good luck with your research and if you find out more info, please post it.  Thanks, Tim

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2002, 08:09:00 am »
Hi Tim,

Your Talmont tester sounds identical to the other one I mentioned above, which is almost identical to mine except for the button.  Seems odd that mine isn't marked.  Anyway it sounds like there are some of these floating around so maybe someone reading this will have some knowledge to share or will have seen it pictured in an old magazine ad or similar.

Thanks!

------------------
Tim
Kilokat's Antique Light Bulb Site
Mountain Dew Collectibles, Volume I