Box art

museum pics

Dr. Hugh Hicks

Fort Myers, FL.
 S.Slabyhoudek

links

Related links
 Submit a link

Author Topic: Italian / French vintage magnetic flame filament lamps?  (Read 7166 times)

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
Italian / French vintage magnetic flame filament lamps?
« on: November 10, 2007, 12:26:56 pm »
Can anyone help with a manufacturer?s name or availability of the bulbs described in this email request that I recently received?  Has anyone ever seen similar bulbs?

I am contacting you from London regarding some light butlbs we need for a french chandalers we have
? They are only between 6 and 10 Wattage with screw fitting
? The candle ?flame? has a small fillament and usesmagnets to give the effect of a flicker
? The light was perchased on paris but I beleve the bulbs are also made in Italy

Please find attached two photos of the lamp I hope they are what you are after

Please let me know if you need any more information

Shelley Martin- Light

Click on the pictures below to enlarge:

Offline Mónico González

• Philips HP-80w Mercury Lamp
    • Mis Bombillas, peque?o museo virtual de la l?mpara el?ctrica.
Re: Italian / French vintage magnetic flame filament lamps?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 07:21:50 am »
Hi Tim!
Despite the time I do not post any message here from, I enter the site often to see what news are here.
I've read your post and I must say you that German manufacturer "Paulmann" has in his catalog an oscillating candle lamp very similar to such you described. These has a coil fixed into the candle body and a magnet attached to the lower side of the "flame" part -the lamp itself mounted on a pendulum suspension-. When the AC passes through the coil the alternating field created by this, reacts with the nearly placed moving magnet piece, making the whole lamp some chaotically oscillating in an "open flame" fashion.
The two prongs emerging from both opposite sides of the lamp, which are directly connected to the lead-in wires, allows the current to reach the lamp through the suspension system itself without any noticeable disturb to lamp swinging.
As these lamps are designed for European market, they are fitted with E14 cap and rated for 230-240 V / 50 Hz, so, they can be OK for British use.
The main drawback is that these lamps are only 3 watts, so, they spreads a low light level. I've seen one of these in action some years ago, and I can say you that is a very eye-catching effect.
Please tell your friend that visit this link for more info:

http://www.paulmann.de/index.php?Land_ID=1&Sprache_ID=2&1Menu_ID=84&Anwendung_ID=22&EcatAction=Artikel&Katalog=2460&Kapitel=2460&Artikel=53300&Sprache=EN#2460

Regards,
M. Gonz?lez.

Offline Tim

• Administrator
    • http://www.bulbcollector.com
Re: Italian / French vintage magnetic flame filament lamps?
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 08:49:25 am »
M?nico,

Your information and link has been extremely helpful to Shelley.  This is exactly the type of bulb that she was looking for.  Thank you for taking the time to post the info.